Instrument & II Writtens

N1ksa

I thankfully passed my Instrument and II writtens this weekend. I took them both at the same time. Those were as tough as I thought they would be, but I managed to pull it off. Should be going up for my Instrument Check Ride in the next couple weeks!

I wish I had done that. I need to take my II written but what is the difference between the two?

I wish I had done that. I need to take my II written but what is the difference between the two?

I asks 60 questions and the II asks 50. Same question bank.

Seems silly, but if you get one wrong on the II, it hurts more against your score. It's just memorization.

I actually scored a little lower on the II......it was the 4 hours that it took me to take both of them that I think did me in.....my brain was on overdrive. And the fact that I'm not a great test-taker. I'm still thrilled I passed.

Congrats!

I plan on taking both tests soon. I am almost through the Jepp practice test book. I just need to commit a week to refreshing and rereading everything I can and do it. I have been slacking.

Congratulations. What did you use to study for the tests?

I actually used the gleim test prep software. I purchased the CD from my local pilot shop. It was great because there were several questions that were identical. And it even sets it up exactly like the actual tests look, so you get practice in taking the timed tests on the computer, and if you get anything wrong you can cover those wrong answers in a specific study session and it tells you what the "best answer" is and why.

Congrats!

Wish I would have taken both at the same time. Here I am now, working on my CFI, wanting to get my CFII shortly afterwards realizing I'm going to have to go through the whole study guide again.

Back