Instrument Checkride with Ashment

kryan11

I have my instrument checkride scheduled with Jon Ashment out of Arizona, does any one have any experience using him as an examiner?

You got this man

Haven't you seen all that green green green on the white board this month? ;)

Definitely a lot of green, but there's no guarantees! He's a new examiner there that I don't know much about. I'm just trying to find out "all available information" before my checkride ;)

Either you got the goods or you don't. No use trying to figure out the examiner, if you are doing this for a career, you will be taking many with many different and unknown examiners, check airman, FAA, etc.

They need to have a ratemyprofessor.com equivalent for aviation. Some examiners have weird quirks, pet peeves or extreme interpretations of the PTS/ACS and it would be nice to have a heads up that the oral will be 12 hours long.

This does exist, it brings up some busy DPEs in AZ, FL.

While I dislike inconsistencies, they seem more apparent for CFI.

For pvt, commercial, instrument, the ACS are there.

Are you flying as part of a school or did your CFII set it up?

I flew with DPEs I chose a couple of times (I knew them)

Didn't make it any harder or easier, just show what you can do.

They need to have a ratemyprofessor.com equivalent for aviation. Some examiners have weird quirks, pet peeves or extreme interpretations of the PTS/ACS and it would be nice to have a heads up that the oral will be 12 hours long.

They have something similar, but it isn't commonly used yet http://www.dperating.com/

This does exist, it brings up some busy DPEs in AZ, FL.

While I dislike inconsistencies, they seem more apparent for CFI.

For pvt, commercial, instrument, the ACS are there.

Are you flying as part of a school or did your CFII set it up?

I flew with DPEs I chose a couple of times (I knew them)

Didn't make it any harder or easier, just show what you can do.

I'm doing it with a part 141 flight school, but doing it under part 61. I voluntarily did a final stage oral and flight just to make sure I was ready, and had no problems.

Some examiners have different interpretations of FARs and the ACS. Some also like to focus on more areas than others and have personal areas of importance. It's just always nice to know a little bit about them before hand. Overall I'm pretty confident I'm ready and can handle whatever's thrown at me.

Back