Instrument Airship Rating

R

Roger, Roger

So whilst sitting around the Flight Skool the other day, myself and some of the other CFIs were talking about blimps, dirigibles, and other such things. I figured I'd post this here on the off chance that someone here knows or knows someone who knows about this stuff.

Where does one get an Instrument Airship rating?

What's it like flying an airship down the ILS?

What is the practical test for an Instrument Airship rating like?

Can you fly Copter procedures due to the slow speed of an airship?

All I really know about airship ratings is that soloing is not required due to the fact practically all airships in existence have more than one required crewmember specified.

i think when you get hired by a company that operates one (goodyear, etc) then they take care of it.

So whilst sitting around the Flight Skool the other day, myself and some of the other CFIs were talking about blimps, dirigibles, and other such things. I figured I'd post this here on the off chance that someone here knows or knows someone who knows about this stuff.

Where does one get an Instrument Airship rating?

What's it like flying an airship down the ILS?

What is the practical test for an Instrument Airship rating like?

Can you fly Copter procedures due to the slow speed of an airship?

You'd need to rent an airship. Good luck. The practical test would be exactly what the Airship IR PTS says it is. :)

I was just thinking about this today, watching the football games where the blimps over head camera views were basically from inside a cloud.

It would be interesting to see one break out of the clouds at 200' and 30mph.

Back