Information about Corporate Plane Flying (Jets and Non-Jets)

spikethebest

Hello.

I am interested in learning how I can determine if corporations have their own planes that their executives fly on. The reason I would like to know, for my company I work for, I am pretty sure the CEO has his own plane. So when I get my proper ratings, I would like to apply to be his pilot.

I love the company I work for, but it has nothing to do with aviation, so Im hoping I can stay in the company as their Pilot.

Or do you think they lease the planes whenever they need to go somewhere?

Any input or advice would be helpful.

Thank you.

Re: Information about Corporate Plane Flying (Jets and Non-J

Hello.

I am interested in learning how I can determine if corporations have their own planes that their executives fly on. The reason I would like to know, for my company I work for, I am pretty sure the CEO has his own plane. So when I get my proper ratings, I would like to apply to be his pilot.

I love the company I work for, but it has nothing to do with aviation, so Im hoping I can stay in the company as their Pilot.

Or do you think they lease the planes whenever they need to go somewhere?

Any input or advice would be helpful.

Thank you.

some outsource their flying, some have in-house flight depts.

easy bet would be, look up in your company directory one of the higher VP's (maybe of your division) and simply fire off an email explaining that you aspire to become a pilot (or are a pilot already, whatever the case is) and were wondering if the company has a flight department.

Re: Information about Corporate Plane Flying (Jets and Non-J

It's just that easy

Most of the people I have talked to will answer any questions about their operation.Though some may be a bit secretive, for example my boss doesn't want me to tell people his name if they ask; if anybody asks I own the plane; don't know why, but that is what the man signing the checks wants. But there is nothing else that I won't explain about what I do.

I won't lie, I fell ass backwards into the company I fly for; but getting to know the people flying the planes definately pays off. It really is a whole lot more about who you know than what you know. I know for certain that if I ever decide to leave, I will be the one picking my replacement from somebody that I already know and like.

There will be no application and interview process.

Back