industry evolution

saviboy

hi folks!
I am currently working on my CFI in florida and i would like to have your opinions about how the industry is going to evolve in the following months.
whos gonna hire and when(specific numbers welcome if available)?
what did 9/11 change?...etc..any kind of comments welcome
thank you for your comments
saviboy

[ QUOTE ]
hi folks!
I am currently working on my CFI in florida and i would like to have your opinions about how the industry is going to evolve in the following months.
whos gonna hire and when(specific numbers welcome if available)?
what did 9/11 change?...etc..any kind of comments welcome
thank you for your comments
saviboy

[/ QUOTE ]

Months... Stagnant.

Years... Bring back some of the furloughed pilots, increase the smaller jet fleet ( CRJs Jungle Jets...) and the downsizing of the majors work force.

What did 9/11 change? the perception of how the airlines do buisness, some were wishywashy prior to 9-11, and used the attacks as a scape goat to cut job, and restructure their staffing (eg: furloughs)....

Not exactly a rosey evaluation.. but pretty factully accurate ...

Look for hiring by the regionals, freight companies, and the LCCs. Some are hiring now.

I agree with Eagle that 9-11 was basically used as an excuse by the airlines to cut back. Many companies were in financial trouble even before 9-11. They immediately started reducing capacity with the predictable reduction in revenues, which made things worse. That is what the majors are still doing two years later.

Back