In today’s wtf aviation moment

Kind of aggravating tower re-asked all the info I had already passed on to them
"Hey metering, please pass the word we will be speed limited to 230 for 7 minutes after takeoff for operational reasons (gear must hang to cool off)"
"Hey tower, just to make sure you've got the word, reatricted to 230 for 7 mins after take off, please pass it along"
"Departure good morning, we are over here climbing over there"
"Good morning... what's up with your speed?"
"Limited 230 for another 5 mins"
"How come that's the first time I'm hearing about it?"
Hell, I dunno, only asked two dudes before this to put a note in there

"Hey metering, please pass the word we will be speed limited to 230 for 7 minutes after takeoff for operational reasons (gear must hang to cool off)"
"Hey tower, just to make sure you've got the word, reatricted to 230 for 7 mins after take off, please pass it along"
"Departure good morning, we are over here climbing over there"
"Good morning... what's up with your speed?"
"Limited 230 for another 5 mins"
"How come that's the first time I'm hearing about it?"
Hell, I dunno, only asked two dudes before this to put a note in there
What are you flying?

I know C5's did that after an airframe was lost in '75 due to a brake fire realized about 30 minutes after departure.

68-0227-2.jpg

What are you flying?

I know C5's did that after an airframe was lost in '75 due to a brake fire realized about 30 minutes after departure.

View attachment 60887
Both CRJ700 and E175 have similar MEL'S for faulty gear bay overheat loop and unreliable brake temp sensors respectively.
Embraer also thinks that doesn't make you climb restricted and only costs you 660lbs in fuel, but that's whole another separate can of issues.

Back