"I'm so glad we're not flying on one of dem turboprops!"

I remember I was walking thorugh the terminal at BOS with my bro and some of our fellow HS pilot friends to get to our flight (back to JFK, it was jetblues inaugural shuttle service in the e190). I was 17 or 18 at the time and while we were walking we came upon these Colgan 1900 pilots that were just standing around at one of the gates, so we decided to go over and talk to them and when once we found out they were also headed back to NY my brother said something along the lines of 'you're flying to NY in that?' and the captain was like 'yeah, it's pretty nice we got a gps and you can stand up in it'

Idk but those 1900's look like they could use some sleep...eternal sleep:nana2:

Yea it may not be the most attractive to passengers, but I'll tell you what... Looking back on it, I enjoyed every minute of flight time I had in that airplane. It was a lot more fun and ''stick and rudder'' in the 1900. This glass q400 is all fancy but it's not as fun as the round dials.

hmph. B1900 pilots with their glass & strong bleeds. Daffodils.

You're not fit to rotate a J31 pilot's prop after landing. ;)

passengers don't know much about planes and view flying in them differently than us pilots do? I'll notify the AP wire...

I think many passengers equate propellers with aircraft built only in the 60's and before.

Once I had a passenger ask me, with a look of concern on her face, "When was this thing built, World War II ?
Looking back at the documents posted on the wall behind my head in the flightdeck and then back at her I replied,
"1998, you might even drive a car that is older than this plane."
She simply said "Oh."
Then, looking a little perplexed, she went back and took her seat.

Sometimes they just need a little edumacation.

Turboprop guys around here are a sensitive bunch. According to them an RJ will start itself and fly to a destination with the flip of a switch while what they accomplish is nothing short of the Wright Flyer's first flight. :)

Well yeah. . . .of course. Though I don't know if I would compare it to the Wright Flyer's first hop. Rather most turboprop flights are on the same accomplishment level as flying the space shuttle or perhaps a B-17 over Berlin in 1943. (With one engine shot out.) :)

I'm putting my whole family on a couple of RJs this week. The copilot most likely has fewer than 1000 hours TT. If he has spiky hair and Ipod earbuds in when we board I'M gonna be tempted to get off myself!

Does that make me a bad person?

no

I wouldnt put my family on a RJ!! No Way!!

I know a few guys that got jobs at regionals that scare the hell out of me. I would walk off the plane.....no ####!

Turboprop guys around here are a sensitive bunch. According to them an RJ will start itself and fly to a destination with the flip of a switch while what they accomplish is nothing short of the Wright Flyer's first flight. :)

Well...erm...actually...I mean the ERJ's pretty easy to fly :)

no

I know a few guys that got jobs at regionals that scare the hell out of me. I would walk off the plane.....no ####!

hell, i know some guys who are flying that i wouldnt even ride in a CAR with... an airplane would be a CERTAIN deathwish!!

Even pilots are retards about what constitutes "danger". I can't count the number of times I've had some "pilot" guy look at me like I'm eating daggers because I fly an MU-2 (alone! Oh my God, it'll stab you in the back the second you turn your head! You're a walking dead man!)

People are chimpanzees (sorry, that's not really fair to chimps) when it comes to air travel. The bright side is they're not going to let go of that crisp Abe Lincoln to fly on something "more safe". Meat puppet self-loading freight is all they are. The sooner you recognize that, the sooner you you act in your own best interests, which involves (but is not limited to) not paying any attention to what Joe Entertainment Tonight N' A Sixpack thinks about your equipment. If it would save them a sheckl, they'd ride a kite and bitch about it the whole way. F'em.

Its not really bothering me, but you do have some ######bags that will see that their flight is operated by Colgan, ASA, Air Wisky, or any of these other regionals, and purposely avoid them because of the plane being "small"! I personally know people who have purposely flown routes that are less than 500nm in planes as big as 767's!

Hell I do it and I am a RJ pilot. Why do you think I take UA to work when I can. A 320/735 is 10x better then MD/CRJ/145 (DL/AA).

I got a buddy who is a SF340 Cpt. He had a pax come up front after a flight and he asked "so, a turbo-prop is like a jet engine right?" my buddy says "yes". Dude then says "so why did they have to ruin it by attatching a propeller?"
My friend looked down and just shook his head.
At least the guy didn't ask him why he didn't do a "run-up":banghead:

Yea... but do you extend your route by going to another city just to take a bigger a/c?

I do, especially if I can fly a bigger AC. No crime in that . . . much more comfortable!

Do you know that I BUY tickets to fly on SWA instead of non-revving on RJs?

;)

People are chimpanzees (sorry, that's not really fair to chimps) when it comes to air travel. The bright side is they're not going to let go of that crisp Abe Lincoln to fly on something "more safe". Meat puppet self-loading freight is all they are.

My God, Boris. I love you.

That's going in my sig....

We once had an FA come up and tell us that a pax wants to know how old this plane is (ATR-72). We told her to tell them it's younger than the MD-80 they just flew in on. But then we said, no, don't tell them that.

The end.

no

Yeah because RJ's crash alllll the time.....
I hate to tell everyone this, but until the comair deal, there hadn't been a crash since the one in New York and that was....an airbus. How many RJ crashes can all of you count compaired to airbus,boeing,MD crashes....I wish everyone would lay off the RJ's and their pilots.

And a story that goes with this thread. Back in the winter when we were doing our FLL-EYW run 40 times a day, there was one trip I was on where storms had shut down FLL and everyone went to MIA then it moved over MIA and everyone went to FLL. Well we started to leave after the airport reopened and EVERYONE was trying to leave at the same time. The wait for takeoff on 9L was over an hour, planes were stacked all down the taxiways and down their third runway. I finally had the bright idea before we taxied out to take 9R. They were like taxi to 9R for immediate take off. I made sure to tell the people on our announcement that I knew a lot of them hated to ride on the RJ but if they would look out the window at all the "big" airplanes and how they had to wait in line for over an hour as we took off #1. I enjoyed saying that.

I do, especially if I can fly a bigger AC. No crime in that . . . much more comfortable!

Do you know that I BUY tickets to fly on SWA instead of non-revving on RJs?

;)

WoW:crazy:

Yeah because RJ's crash alllll the time.....
I hate to tell everyone this, but until the comair deal, there hadn't been a crash since the one in New York and that was....an airbus. How many RJ crashes can all of you count compaired to airbus,boeing,MD crashes....I wish everyone would lay off the RJ's and their pilots.

And a story that goes with this thread. Back in the winter when we were doing our FLL-EYW run 40 times a day, there was one trip I was on where storms had shut down FLL and everyone went to MIA then it moved over MIA and everyone went to FLL. Well we started to leave after the airport reopened and EVERYONE was trying to leave at the same time. The wait for takeoff on 9L was over an hour, planes were stacked all down the taxiways and down their third runway. I finally had the bright idea before we taxied out to take 9R. They were like taxi to 9R for immediate take off. I made sure to tell the people on our announcement that I knew a lot of them hated to ride on the RJ but if they would look out the window at all the "big" airplanes and how they had to wait in line for over an hour as we took off #1. I enjoyed saying that.

Nice!!:)

I wonder if the RJ hating pax would have any problem flying on a Legacy. Or how about the turboprop haters if they got the opportunity to fly on a King Air or G-I? Something tells me that their "rules" or fears would go out the window if they were given an opportunity to fly on a private aircraft.

People are stupid.

Back