If you were Merrill Lynch...why would you be buying US Air..

wheelsup

...unless you thought oil was going down? Hmmm.

US Airways to sell 19M shares

US Airways Group Inc. stock dropped as much as 91 cents — nearly 10 percent a share — since trading resumed Thursday after a temporary halt to set in motion an offering of 19 million shares.

The deal, underwritten by Merrill Lynch & Co., would give the Tempe, Ariz., airline (NYSE:LCC) about $155 million in net proceeds, which it plans to use for "general corporate purposes." US Airways, along with other airlines, has struggled with high fuel costs of late. It reported a net loss of $567 million, of $6.16 per share, in the second quarter.

[...source...]
Of course, they also made a pretty bad call with the whole housing thing, so who knows.

Re: If you were Merrill Lynch...why would you be buying US A

And just incase you missed it.

GS maintains their yearly oil price forecast of $140 bbl.

Well the self-fulfilling prophecies begin once more. :whatever:

That's OK, if they are wrong and lose their shirts from bad oil contracts the government will bail them out. Why can't we get that kind of deal?

That's OK, if they are wrong and lose their shirts from bad oil contracts the government will bail them out. Why can't we get that kind of deal?

That would be nice.

Where are the airline bailouts? We'll collectively bleed tens of billions and they'll even let a few of us go Ch.7 - Why? Because Joe Public doesn't care if USAir, United, or anyone goes under when he can still fly via a whole host of other airlines at < Greyhound fares.

The public will start to care when fares get unreasonable, then politicians will start getting involved.

GS is full of #### and I hope they get burned.

"Fundamentals support crude at $137."

These are the same #######s that were screaming $200 by Labor Day.

"Hi, I'm a Goldman Sachs trader. Crude is at $95 right now, and I just bought a #### ton of $140 crude calls. I'm going to say that crude should be at $200 and hope the market reacts in my favor."

Go #### yourselves. Supply and demand have not changed that drastically in a year.

Been drinking again my amphibious friend? :)

Well at least he didn't try to get around the banned-word filter. :p

w0rd.

If you have hate in your heart,

Let it out!

-Clayton Bigsby

not outside the lav though right?! ;)

Back