If I Could Have All My Money Back

Nursing on the other hand - I think that is where it is at!!

No, i have it all figured out.....Optometry is where its at!!! 4 years of extra schooling, but i am sure its not as hard as med school, and NO residency. You start earning right away. ANd QOL has to be good. No one has eye emergencies that would wake you in the middle of the night or call you away from a vacation.

If i were to pick a profession, thats what I would do. That or pharmacy. But a pill counter seems boring and pharm school seems tougher than Optometry school.

Work on the North Slope. Get a 2 year degree in process technology, make $99k per year starting, work a gauranteed 2 on 2 off schedule, excellent bennies, and fly your super cub during your time off. Problem solved.

Put it back into aviation:), in all honesty there's nothing else I'd rather be doing...without flying I'd be lost

that i've invested into flight training, i would have put it towards med school and gone that route. this is seriously the most frustrating industry ever. like everyone says, you have to really want it to succeed in this line of work, and for me that want is slowly starting to dwindle down.

would i do this all over again knowing what i know now? i'm leaning towards no. part of me tells me to keep going because ive come this far and the other side says **** it and try something more rewarding. so what im getting at with this post, is not so much to discourage those who are still in training, but rather to take a look at the big picture and see if this is something you truely want to do before dumping such a large amount of money into it.

don't worry ATO, i'll take care of your road not taken. perseverance!! :nana2:

Back