Idea for Network JC

IrishSheepdog

Sitting in the median
I was thinking while reading many of these posts... why not expand NJC for 2005? Still have "THE" NJC event in Vegas around September, as a "national" event. But, throughout the late winter/early spring have a few events in different parts of the country... like Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, Midwest, Northwest... so this gives everyone who normally wouldn't be able to make the national event a few chances to make other events around the country. Seems like it is happening in small numbers now anyways... why not make it something a bit more organized. Seems like a great way to enhance the networking efforts of the website!

Thoughts?

I think that would be possible if there were like 5 Doug Taylors and 5 Kristies. Thats a lot of work. I'm pretty happy with Vegas because everyone can always find something to do to their liking.

I for one will never go to those damn* strip clubs again! Grrrrrfrickle!

Such a waste! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/insane.gif

Well, there was an informal J/C event in California this year, there was also another informal J/C sking event this year as well. As far as having many official events, it would not be as fun, just my opinion. Oh yeah, some guys got together in Atlanta.

I like the idea of having one big event a year and letting groups of people organize their own get togethers in their own regions. Doug spends enough time on airplanes as it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Who says Doug and Kristie need to organize? We have plenty of members on here that would be willing to organize things.

Yeah, Ed organized the California event & I think The Wife had people over her house for the skining event.

I group that under "users organizing events in their own regions." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I m afraid the Northwest event would just be Me, Myself and I. The Seattle/Portlanders dont seem to active on here.

[ QUOTE ]
I m afraid the Northwest event would just be Me, Myself and I. The Seattle/Portlanders dont seem to active on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what's up with that, was surprised that you were the only person to take me up on that offer to attend the Boeing open house in Seattle.....

[ QUOTE ]
The Wife had people over her house for the skining event.

[/ QUOTE ] Hey, I've never skinned anyone! That's gross! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mate that is just because you got swindled by those 2 girls - I spoke to them and knew they were trouble so I stayed away.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that would be possible if there were like 5 Doug Taylors and 5 Kristies. Thats a lot of work. I'm pretty happy with Vegas because everyone can always find something to do to their liking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you, bro. On both the five Doug and Kristies and the strip clubs.

Even though I broke my rule about never hitting on the waitress (they only get hit on like 100 times a day) at least with her there was a shot. With a stripper? Hah!

[ QUOTE ]
I group that under "users organizing events in their own regions." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] as in the "meet and greets" section?!

I like the idea of having more organized JC events...but I would like to keep NJC VEGAS as THE premiere yearly event... and just have small orderly events around the country.. doug and I are looking at Florida and Michigan as top contenders - primarily because florida has quite a few active members, my BIL works for DISNEY & lives in Otown now and Michigan/surrounding states also has quite a few active members, plus I have family up there as well as a cottage we could BBQ at)...We could open it to backyards as well to save on $$....

The Seattle Boeing Family Day/Tour we'll be doing as a JC function as well - we just don't know when and I think MikeC (Mpenguin) might like to hold another OC with a trip to Alteon/Boeing again (I dunno)...

I'd like to do a NJC DC, so we can all do an air/space mueseum tour together and a NJC Chicago if possibe to go to the science/industry museum. We'll have to see what we can do.

as far as setting up meeting space and doing the same type of thing as we did in Vegas this year (food/goodie bags) - that would be quite a bit of work and quite a bit of $$.. unless we can get some good discounts somehow - i'm not sure we can pull that off... but we could meet at a restaurant and have a private room type function or something like that too!! of course, i'd be enlisting help from those within the particular cities.

options are open! it's a matter of finding a good time/location and hotel deals for everyone!

In order to have 2 functions per year like NJC VEGAS.. ie: NJC VEGAS & NJC NY or something like that - we'd have to have a good turnout at both venues in order to come out on the + end of things...

And I came back to find a ton of pictures of Kristie's husband with my girlfriend.

You busy this weekend Kristie? I think Emily's found someone new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EDIT: Wait a second, both of ya'll want to take her home.......hey JD.....

Then I see THIS one:

DSCN5995_JPG.jpg

Em's just taking everyone's significant other. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back