Ice in NC

Joshua949

Well, I live right here in Raleigh NC...actually ..Clayton..right beside raleigh..only by 10-20 minutes..anyway..we have snow...then sleet on top..then freezing rain ontop of that...i just went outside to dump my trash like all my other neighbors are TRYING to do..well...we barely made it to the dumpster...i fell down three times..but i'm ok...u cant even walk outside...even the grassy surfaces...if u can find them...are just as slippery as the sidewalk and pavement is....boy oh boy..

I'd be at Bojangles staying warm...
grin.gif

Water does this crazy thing when it gets cold - it turns to a solid!
grin.gif
cool.gif

It's perfectly normal, just relax, it'll be ok!
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Water does this crazy thing when it gets cold - it turns to a solid!
grin.gif
cool.gif

It's perfectly normal, just relax, it'll be ok!
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy for you to say in Phoenix!
wink.gif

Here in Ohio everything is literally coated with ice. I'm surprised we still have power.

<-- From St. Louis... knows all about ice!
shocked.gif

But, yeah, it is easy to say from Phoenix! But, hey we're having it rough here too! It only got up to 70 something yesterday - I had to break out my wind-breaker!
tongue.gif

[/smartass]

I got into my truck at 7:30 this morning and my breath was forming ice on the inside of my windshield. This is Arizona damnit!
grin.gif

I'm about 35 miles east of Joshua and I can't walk outside without falling down. I took my trash out Sunday but the city has apparently given up on trash pickup because it still sits there. It's starting to melt, but the trip to the mailbox is still treacherous.

I can't even GET to Bojangles' to stay warm ... but if the roads are any better I know where I'm having dinner tonight!!

Lord, get me back to Texas ...

FL270

<-- From Wisconsin... knows all about ice too! doesn't miss it!
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
But, yeah, it is easy to say from Phoenix! But, hey we're having it rough here too! It only got up to 70 something yesterday - I had to break out my wind-breaker!

[/ QUOTE ] it got down to 38 last night...cold enough that I had to cover my garden! I have broccoli and cherry tomatoes growing up the yinyang and who knows how many I might have lost last night...

[ QUOTE ]
Im sorry, did someone above say Bojangles?! woohoo, ill buy ya a biscuit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take a cajun fillet biscuit, with fries and sweet tea, please!

[ QUOTE ]
I have broccoli and cherry tomatoes growing up the yinyang and who knows how many I might have lost last night...

[/ QUOTE ]That's gotta hurt.

blush.gif

laugh.gif

Maybe i'm just lucky, but up here we got snow, and no ice
smile.gif
. The reason is obvious.
I did talk to my mom and she said Monday and Tuesday it was very bad, but that today the ice seems to have been melting fast. At least its not as bad as the Ice Storm from Devember 2002, talk about a mess
crazy.gif

Back