IAD crews/commuters

ctab5060X

What is the best way to get between the pax terminal and FedEx?

I know compared to a lot of airports, they are fairly close to each other. Can you walk between locations?

I have but I've also heard stories about the Metro Authority Police frowning on it.

Did ya'll open a base there? I saw a SAAB tucked in behind two United 777s parked on the back ramp.

Why would they frown upon it? I wouldn't take a cab. Those guys wait hours for a fare and to go less than a mile isn't right. If you can't walk, try the Marriott Airport Shuttle and see if they can drop you off there.

I have but I've also heard stories about the Metro Authority Police frowning on it.

Did ya'll open a base there? I saw a SAAB tucked in behind two United 777s parked on the back ramp.

We have a reserve base in IAD with crew bases in CKB, SHD, and AOO (not open yet).

I forget how much these 0430 show times suck!

The distance is certainly less than walking from the Main Terminal to the A Gates. I recall seeing sidewalks between the FedEx building and the terminal for at least some portion of that walk. There is also a parking garage/lot along the way, so you could duck in there if you desire to look inconspicuous.

There is no reason to be there an hue early at those outstations. I don't even think the tsa lines are open that early.

I can say nothing about when I show up in regards to show times....

At that early of an hour, I need all the time I can get. :)

Besides, if I can get out of CKB 10 early, I can get out of MGW early as well. That gets me into IAD earlier and that means more time for important stuff like breakfast.

ctab5060X said:
At that early of an hour, I need all the time I can get. :)

Besides, if I can get out of CKB 10 early, I can get out of MGW early as well. That gets me into IAD earlier and that means more time for important stuff like breakfast.

Show up 5 minutes before departure, call out time 10 early.

We have a reserve base in IAD with crew bases in CKB, SHD, and AOO (not open yet).

I forget how much these 0430 show times suck!

Tell me about it. That's not just early, that's stupid early... We've got a 4am report for PHL-EWR. First time I got it, it took me a good 15 minutes to process how early that actually was!

Back