IAD crews/commuters

Like on-time? Pull out doors reporting on ACARS.

We are the only Express carrier in the system that uses wheel movement to trigger our out time. Everybody else is door/brake/beacon or some combination or (until recently) didn't have ACARS and would just call whatever they wanted. Every few months we get an angry letter from management about how we are way behind in D:0 departures compared to everybody else.

Duh.

Never done it, so I wouldn't know.

Show up 5 minutes before departure, call out time 10 early.

Apparently you weren't advocating or speaking from experience but rather just sayin'?

BobDDuck said:
We are the only Express carrier in the system that uses wheel movement to trigger our out time. Everybody else is door/brake/beacon or some combination or (until recently) didn't have ACARS and would just call whatever they wanted. Every few months we get an angry letter from management about how we are way behind in D:0 departures compared to everybody else.

Duh.

Apparently you weren't advocating or speaking from experience but rather just sayin'?

Yessir. At my company we have to physically call to check in at the gate. It would be pretty stupid to be there a hour before departure and then show up miraculously 5 minutes before scheduled departure time.

So, you take FedEx MEM-IAD overnight. Then you drive to CKB in time for the 0430 report? I heard you guys were outstationed based recently, but I suppose your commute has me scratching my head.

Take the mid-afternoon FedEx flight to IAD, then hop on a company Saab that evening out to CKB.

You're telling me... Could probably get away with not calling, but it's not worth risking it!

We are supposed to call scheduling at the beginning of a trip and then again at the end. I think I've done that once (my first day of IOE) in the last 8 years.

Yeah, I know... I'm dangerous.

BobDDuck said:
We are supposed to call scheduling at the beginning of a trip and then again at the end. I think I've done that once (my first day of IOE) in the last 8 years.

Yeah, I know... I'm dangerous.

IM CALLING THE FEDSSSSSS!

I hope we move SYR to IAD. I would be doing that walk quite often if it meant I could hold a line and be done with reserve and SUO's.

Back