IACRA! Argh!

dasleben

That's just, like, your opinion, man
Okay, this is somewhat cross-posted from another forum I post on, but I wanted to get a fresh perspective on this.

I'm about to go up for my ATP checkride this week. I have 1430 hours in airplanes, and 75 hours of Part 142 FTD/sim time that I can credit toward the 1500 per 61.159(a)(5). The only thing is, IACRA won't take it like that. I put "1430" in the Total box, and 75 hours between the FTD and sim boxes, and the computer won't credit me the time. I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong, but I tried another exception listed under 61.159 (using 50 hours of FTD/sim time toward your instrument requirements if it was done under Part 142), and it wouldn't take that either.

What gives? This examiner loves IACRA, so am I going to have to hand him a paper 8710, or can he just "push it through" as-is on IACRA?

I think you have to put it in both FTD time as well as instrument time. That's just a guess though.

It blows like everything else the FAA is entangled with. It is a god awful system. It should be a simple process but the FAA has to make it complicated no doubt!

I think you have to put it in both FTD time as well as instrument time. That's just a guess though.

Yeah, I did that but it didn't work. I think it's just an IACRA thing. I'm not using that exception for the instrument requirements (just the total), but it just shows that the software is pretty limited. Why they'd release it without allowing it to process all of the requirements for a certificate or rating is beyond me.

IACRA is a total waste of time. I struggled with it for a while before giving up. My boss told me that my students had to start using it, so I told them all to register. Not a single one of them were able to.

It blows like everything else the FAA is entangled with. It is a god awful system. It should be a simple process but the FAA has to make it complicated no doubt!
It wasn't any fun when I had to do it. The DE insisted on it and the flight school I was with had no idea what it was, which made it fun, since he had to electronically sign it.

Back