I think I'm Screwed....I didn't apply to all PUBNATs

Jacks757

Hi everyone,

I think I found this site a little to late. I applied for OTS PUBNAT2 but didn't get a job offer email (I only scored "qualified" on the AT-SAT). When I applied, I remember reading that I would be considered for PUBNAT3 automatically. Now after reading posts on this website that does not seem to be the case. I guess I'm screwed cause I havn't applied to any PUBNAT after #2. Does anyone have any advice on what I can Do? Does anyone know if there is going to a PUBNAT7 for OTS? It seems like it's going to take a year before anyone from PUBNAT6 gets a job offer. Hopefully my FAA chances are not over.
Thanks to everyone in advance...

Hi everyone,

I think I found this site a little to late. I applied for OTS PUBNAT2 but didn't get a job offer email (I only scored "qualified" on the AT-SAT). When I applied, I remember reading that I would be considered for PUBNAT3 automatically. Now after reading posts on this website that does not seem to be the case. I guess I'm screwed cause I havn't applied to any PUBNAT after #2. Does anyone have any advice on what I can Do? Does anyone know if there is going to a PUBNAT7 for OTS? It seems like it's going to take a year before anyone from PUBNAT6 gets a job offer. Hopefully my FAA chances are not over.
Thanks to everyone in advance...

At this point, you can do nothing but apply to future PUBNATs... I think we're expecting one to open in mid-November. I'm still not sure whether or not PUBNAT3 will include PUBNAT1 & 2, but I have a feeling it won't.

Keep applying and consider retaking the AT-SAT to get a well qualified score... you can retake it 1 year after your original date.

Keep applying and consider retaking the AT-SAT to get a well qualified score... you can retake it 1 year after your original date.

I can't wait to take it again. Like many of us I was dissapointed when I got my score. I stayed up to late the night before and I didn't use all the breaks they allowed....but thats not an excuse. Next time I'll use the full 8 hrs.

Ha Ha, the free food would be great! But they also need to throw in a free gym membership.
Anyways, thanks for the responses! Does anyone know how many years they plan on doing this massive hiring?

Depending of course on what they get from the increased CTI schools they're doing, lookss like they've got plan to hire between 1400-1900/yr through 2017.

Attachments

• controller_workforce_chart_s.gif
    controller_workforce_chart_s.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 107
I can't wait to take it again. Like many of us I was dissapointed when I got my score. I stayed up to late the night before and I didn't use all the breaks they allowed....but thats not an excuse. Next time I'll use the full 8 hrs.

I was hungover and 1st to finish (well, unless you count the girl that got mad and left). Needless to say when I walked out of the hotel I thought for sure I might as well just forget it, I bombed. I called my mom on the drive home and said "Well, so much for that."

Imagine my shock a few days later. :nana2:

Depending of course on what they get from the increased CTI schools they're doing, lookss like they've got plan to hire between 1400-1900/yr through 2017.

Thanks for the chart Boomer. As long as the aviation fanatics stick to this we all should get hired eventually (the ones that are still waiting of course).

Thanks for the chart Boomer. As long as the aviation fanatics stick to this we all should get hired eventually (the ones that are still waiting of course).

Sent you a PM, but I am going to assume you're not clear on how those work or you haven't refreshed and I am going to bed shortly.

Here is the rest of it in case you haven't read it. It's a good read (however I will say I don't exactly trust their numbers).

http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/air_traffic/controller_staffing/media/CWP_2008.pdf

I was hungover and 1st to finish (well, unless you count the girl that got mad and left). Needless to say when I walked out of the hotel I thought for sure I might as well just forget it, I bombed. I called my mom on the drive home and said "Well, so much for that."

Imagine my shock a few days later. :nana2:
:yup: I didn't read the post you were quoting because I was in a hurry. I had to re-read what you wrote to figure out why you were bringing this up! Re-read this and tell me what you would think!?

Back