I regret not going to NJC 2009

juxtapilot

Snowflake
I am an idiot. I should have gone. I knew I would regret this stupid decision of not going. Now I have to wait a whole freakin' year...

:banghead:

Hey man, I offered you the buddy pass and all that good stuff, if you didn't have the cash for that it was probably a good decision. A ton of people put it off this year, don't worry about it. if the job deal goes thru for ya you'll make it next year no-problemo.

Hey man, I offered you the buddy pass and all that good stuff, if you didn't have the cash for that it was probably a good decision. A ton of people put it off this year, don't worry about it. if the job deal goes thru for ya you'll make it next year no-problemo.

Haha, well at least I learned a lesson. Don't skip NJC. :king:

remember, this year's NJC was a scaled back version and basically just a large M&G function.

the plan for next year is to ramp it back up to what 2008 was and go one step up from that. I'm already looking at MGM Grand and PH meeting space.

we'll be looking for vendors and recruitment folks to start up a recruitment fair again as well as presenters for roundtable sessions....

so this year was just a way of staying connected...next year will be an epic win!

I'm glad I went. It was a last minute decision. Had a good time. Hopefully I'll be able to go again next year. Thanks again to Doug & Kristie for putting this together!

I am an idiot. I should have gone. I knew I would regret this stupid decision of not going. Now I have to wait a whole freakin' year...

:banghead:

Me too, It snuck up on me and I never made plans to go. But I will do all in my power to be there next year!!

I finally get a job with flight benefits and I can't use them to go because of work. Ah the irony. Hopefully I'll be able to duck out and make it next year.

remember, this year's NJC was a scaled back version and basically just a large M&G function.

the plan for next year is to ramp it back up to what 2008 was and go one step up from that. I'm already looking at MGM Grand and PH meeting space.

we'll be looking for vendors and recruitment folks to start up a recruitment fair again as well as presenters for roundtable sessions....

so this year was just a way of staying connected...next year will be an epic win!

That's a great idea, Kristie, but you know what? I'm down with it just being, let's get together and have a good time. If that's all it is, so be it. It's totally cool to do that.

The various sessions you set up and the roundtables are great, but the most important part is just to get a bunch of people together and let them have a good time.

Don't sweat it too much, man. Sometimes crap happens. I missed last year and this year both due to unforeseen issues.

I'm in for 2010.

No. Really. 2010. I'm in.

Don't sweat it too much, man. Sometimes crap happens. I missed last year and this year both due to unforeseen issues.

I'm in for 2010.

No. Really. 2010. I'm in.

Yeah... and Frank Lorenzo's buying me a house. ;)

(We'll believe it when we see it, fool!)

This year rocked....I kind of liked it better than 08 b/c it was just about having a good time with some great people..... I like the avatar kristie :D

That's a great idea, Kristie, but you know what? I'm down with it just being, let's get together and have a good time. If that's all it is, so be it. It's totally cool to do that.

The various sessions you set up and the roundtables are great, but the most important part is just to get a bunch of people together and let them have a good time.
i'm all for it "just being and chilling"...but it might have to be like Sunday & Tuesday where we'd have to find a meeting place somewhere that could accommodate all of us for hours at no fee...maybe we could just wing it at the hawaiian tropics restaurant again and hope we all get chairs (that was neat!!!)....plus, going BYOB would work easily (esp with PH's "we provide the booze" offer, if they keep it) but pot lucking or having a 50+ person tab might be a bit difficult...this event gets bigger every year..we've outgrown the old "just a night of networking" phase because of the size of the group (IMO)...heck, we practically outgrew the suite again this year too :pirate: :)

I think the premise behind the annual event is networking but i also tend to think that an annual event should be something that's built up and has something to offer for everyone, including opportunities to learn more.

Back