I made the tower laugh pretty hard today

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
As I was rolling out, the local tower guys who know us by voice said

"spernak 38, turn right ahead, taxi to spernaks via...ehh, we're doing some training on ground, you mind going ground point seven when clear?"

"spernak 38, sure, ground point seven, I'll see if I can't give her a hard time"

so I clear, at seven at echo, only about 100 yards our office,

"merrill ground, spernak 38 is clear of seven at echo, request progressive taxi to spernaks"

At which point, someone keyed the mic as the tower controllers were busting up.

Then there was a long pause from the controller in training,

"Spernak 38, turn right ahead, the second building on the left is your building, Spernak airways."

The next couple of flights I could pats on the back from the local controllers, and chuckles, I love working at a small field.

sweet. too funny. love those smaller airports where u can get away with stuff like that. u should check out avweb and read some of their "short final" entries. it's hilarious. it's things controllers and pilots have heard or said that seems out of place.

your experience would be an excellent submission.

sweet. too funny. love those smaller airports where u can get away with stuff like that. u should check out avweb and read some of their "short final" entries. it's hilarious. it's things controllers and pilots have heard or said that seems out of place.

your experience would be an excellent submission.

I'll check that out.

Speaking of small towered airports... on halloween Boeing Field ATIS was saying information "Transylvania" and "Vampire"- spoken in the appropriate accent.

Coming back into Seattle Approach we heard a guy advise that he had Vampire and the controller asked him to verify that he had "Victor". He did and said that Boeing Tower was having way too much fun. Then the App controller got the joke.

Then my student (Private and Instrument rated) called in with " Vampire". :)

Oh wait, Boeing Field is a huge airport. Doh!

I was really surprised when we first turned on the ATIS and heard this crazy "transylvanian" accent!

i wish more airports (read: controllers) had a sense of humor.

i love the transylvania and vampire atis. i put out a "halloween" atis.

Unfortunately, the few times we do make a joke they go over their heads... likely because they're not expecting to hear a joke... or of course the ever so obvious reason that my jokes are horrible :D

PAMR is the busiest airport I've ever flown into...this'll help me loosen up with the tower folks.

Last time I was there I went up into the tower and those guys were cracking bunches of jokes, just constantly slinging them. Being from the sticks, I couldn't keep up. Good people they are.

PAMR is the busiest airport I've ever flown into...this'll help me loosen up with the tower folks.

Last time I was there I went up into the tower and those guys were cracking bunches of jokes, just constantly slinging them. Being from the sticks, I couldn't keep up. Good people they are.

Dude, we need to go flying one of these days.

I stopped at Spernaks 2 weeks ago and tried to find ya last time I made the run in...musta been bad timing though. Blew my mind how much you stuff you guys cram into those 207's. Easily as much as the Jo's carry into 7KA.

We'll hook up at some point...I'll let you know in advance next time I fly in. In a C150 at this time of year I am real cautious about Portage. Today would be awesome if I didn't have this dreadful illness.

Here at The Big Show we get a walk across the hall by the Humorless Police (stupervisors) if we say anything that is not ATC related. Got a great sense of humor, but, like my job more than being funny on frequency.

That reminds me of an converstaion I overheard the other day. I Was taxiing out for my run-up and heard this:

"New Smyrna Ground, this is Arjun something Indian" "Good morning Arjun, this is George, how can I help you today?"

I was laughing so hard, I had to stop taxiing......

Of course I changed the names to protect the innocent....

That reminds me of an converstaion I overheard the other day. I Was taxiing out for my run-up and heard this:

"New Smyrna Ground, this is Arjun something Indian" "Good morning Arjun, this is George, how can I help you today?"

I was laughing so hard, I had to stop taxiing......

Of course I changed the names to protect the innocent....

Ha! That's the best thing I've heard all day. :crazy:

Years ago I used to hear some real funny stuff from some friends that were instructors at Riddle. Most of them involving Phoenix East students.

"Daytona ground this is Habib I'm on the ground and would very much like to be in the air."

Or may favorite was:

Tower: "N123AT what are your intentions?"

N123AT: "I intend to graduate Phoenix College and would very much like to be a professional pilot"

I was flying one day after I got my solo and I had gone up and met the controllers the day before and found out they were so easy going guys (all ret. military) so I decided to do this one day.

I call up ground and request my taxi and he asks for my intentions and I had to do it... it went as following.

me: "well hopefully taxi safely take off and get to my destination without any troubles"

ground: "well that just sounds like too much for you to do there buddy. I think im gunna have to deny the taxi."

me(through laughter): "well that just ruined my day"

ground(through laughter): "well that what you get smart ellic. taxi via the parallel to 35 "

made my day of flying a little more cherry

There is nothing better than working at small field.

The tower guys were all pretty cool.
I had one student that always wanted to fly early in the morning, after a month of that we started to get "good morning douglas" on initial contact. That always made for a good start to the day. It makes you feel more of a team and working together as co-workers.
That's the way I felt anyway.

RVS in Tulsa is like that. Flew out of there for a little over two years. Had a Chinese student request taxi to Riverside Fright center.

Back