I got fired the day after my TOL..should I contact security

nav-vet

I went to PEPCI on Monday and rushed back home to get to work at 6am on Tuesday only to be called into the office and told I was being let go. It was a factory job and I was told my numbers were not improving. Im wondering if I should contact the security department or my HR rep because I remember one of the questions on one of the forms asked if you had ever been fired. Im hoping this wont hurt me... I had never been fired until after the PEPC, I believe they only fired me because I was a month away from being eligible for full benefits, Im thinking If I dont let anyone know it will hold up my clearances... what should I do

Re: I got fired the day after my TOL..should I contact secur

you're fine, this is just like military clearances. The most ironic thing they look for the most (and this is the whole gov't) is for your credit. They don't want creditors calling you at work, and there's the whole thing about the gov't credit card. You'll be fine, when and if they call your last employer, all they can ask is dates and if you're hireable.

you're fine, this is just like military clearances. The most ironic thing they look for the most (and this is the whole gov't) is for your credit. They don't want creditors calling you at work, and there's the whole thing about the gov't credit card. You'll be fine, when and if they call your last employer, all they can ask is dates and if you're hireable.

They actually check your credit so thoroughly because they want to ensure you're not susceptible to bribery in divulging information that could harm national security. This is more for enroute really.

I find it humorous about checking because they don't want creditors calling you at work. :laff:

I went to PEPCI on Monday and rushed back home to get to work at 6am on Tuesday only to be called into the office and told I was being let go. It was a factory job and I was told my numbers were not improving. Im wondering if I should contact the security department or my HR rep because I remember one of the questions on one of the forms asked if you had ever been fired. Im hoping this wont hurt me... I had never been fired until after the PEPC, I believe they only fired me because I was a month away from being eligible for full benefits, Im thinking If I dont let anyone know it will hold up my clearances... what should I do

Have you been formally 'coached' previously about this situation in writing where you've signed it?

I was called into the offfice one week earlier, and they told me if my numbers didnt improve I would be let go, so I guess you can call that being coached, but I did think I had more than a week to show improvement. I had only been there since June and Ive only improved since being hired so I dont buy thier excuse Im soo positive this is because in December Id be eligible for full benefits. but again, do you guys think I need to report this info to the FAA, thats what Im debating, I dont wanna bring up any issues If it is not necessary

I was called into the offfice one week earlier, and they told me if my numbers didnt improve I would be let go, so I guess you can call that being coached, but I did think I had more than a week to show improvement. I had only been there since June and Ive only improved since being hired so I dont buy thier excuse Im soo positive this is because in December Id be eligible for full benefits. but again, do you guys think I need to report this info to the FAA, thats what Im debating, I dont wanna bring up any issues If it is not necessary

Let's work out how the state classifies it first.

PM me contact information, you need to submit for unemployment NOW (which will be challenged by your employer) but it's very easy to get a judgement in your favor, we can talk about it. More than likely it can be judged that you were fired by no fault of your own and you can update the FAA with that... Yes, You were fire but through no fault of your own.

I would say you're good to go....you didn't lie on the e-Quip or anything because when you signed the paper, you had not been fired before.

I would say you're good to go....you didn't lie on the e-Quip or anything because when you signed the paper, you had not been fired before.

This is entirely accurate, but for the sake of legacy/reputation, it needs to be classified appropriately.

I find it sad that many people just let it go and accept the "fired" label when it's so damn easy to have the state rule in favor that you were fired by no fault without any court hearings... in other words you were let go by no negative action of your own.

This is entirely accurate, but for the sake of legacy/reputation, it needs to be classified appropriately.

I find it sad that many people just let it go and accept the "fired" label when it's so damn easy to have the state rule in favor that you were fired by no fault without any court hearings... in other words you were let go by no negative action of your own.

Sorry, I've never been fired....I just leave when the company sucks bad and I've found a better place.

Sorry, I've never been fired....I just leave when the company sucks bad and I've found a better place.

Okay, great... here's your cookie.

In defense of myself, I've yet to be fired, but I've helped many friends have it reclassified and get unemployment.

Cookie.gif

Back