I don't think I can make it this year.

mrivc211

I don\'t think I can make it this year.

I just got my new schedule from PBS. I am number 7 of 30 in base and I've held weekends off for the past 6 months. I bid for 3 day trips with weekends off. Being #7 I shouldn't have a problem holding this. Well our newly minted PBS gave me three day trips all right, FRI/SAT/SUN's. I'm furious. So because of this faulty new software, some guy junior to me will have a better schedule and have weekends off?

I did manage to get taken off the trip Fri the 21st at 3pm and off SAT and SUN because of a training issue. However, I just bought a new house and I was planning on having a party next month. That would be my only weekend to have it.

Re: I don\'t think I can make it this year.

Dude! That sucks! I am scared of PBS. I haven't heard on good thing yet. Luckily i dodged the bullet and got out of FAT before I had to bid with it. I think it will be in SLC by Feb though. I better learn to use it well! I thinkI need a lesson or three. -C

bro your in for a rude awakening. Our most jr captain in PSP number 34 out of 34 got a line. The 5 guys above him didn't. Go figure.

Hey....at least you two are flying for a regional.

Not only can I not come to Vegas, I'm not getting any calls either....and with Delta about to go T.U. (or close to it) and putting folks back on the street of which I assume will be HIGHLY experienced pilots - I don't see my options as being too great.

So......buck up. It could be worse.
wink.gif

R2F <-----beginning to think the light at the end of this tunnel is indeed a train.

Buck up, Stan. It could be worse. You could still be flying a law desk.

If you're qualified, you can still get hired. Many furloughs won't go to regionals, and the regionals will likely get more flying as a result of bankruptcy.

Thanks JD. I know you're right...and I know I'm not "There" yet qualification-wise. I'm damned close - just not yet. Just me being impatient.

And as for flying the law desk thing - also correct. Go check out my post in the "Career Changers" thread.
wink.gif

yeah, we're not friends with PBS either! so it does suck that the schedule didn't turn out! but can't you have your party in november so you can meet us in october?

We're in a three month test period. So far it's working "ok", but we're still doing line of time bidding, but if the company puts the time and effort into it, it's a lot better that LOT bidding.

Man, all I hear is nightmare stories, like Omar was relating. It seems that often times your entire layer will be discard because it can't find a match. So if you are bidding you have parity all the way through the layers.

Stan, I know you wanna stay near FL but you might consider SKYW or ASA. We are hiring consistantly through the year. Get those hours and you will be bitching about bidding in no time. But I hear you, it was just last year that I was dying to be on this side. But now and then I actually long for those days of flight instruction, believe it or not.

Back