I don't feel so embarassed about "Song" anymore

Re: I don\'t feel so embarassed about \"Song\" anymore

[ QUOTE ]
9. Ted Airlines - We don't suck from 12:30 to 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome.

Ted Nugent! HAhaha! I guess if he's the "Ted", he'll hand you a loaf of baguette bread, a little mayo and a crossbow to head back to economy-plus to wax a deer for your meal, eh?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ted Nugent! HAhaha! I guess if he's the "Ted", he'll hand you a loaf of baguette bread, a little mayo and a crossbow to head back to economy-plus to wax a deer for your meal, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

.....hahahaha...... thats beautiful

I really don't follow this stuff...

Why don't they just call it UNITED like everything else??? I bet Joe Shmuck would much rather fly UNITED than on some 'TED'... Same goes for Song vs Delta.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

TOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY... I LOVE IT!! I just cracked up laffing so bad that my coworkers had to come make sure i could breathe....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hon? Are you a Gaydos peep now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.... but i think Ted Simon gives him too hard of a time sometimes....hard to believe that senator Mccain is a peep though...

Short haul TED flights: "ShorTED"
Long haul TED flights: "FarTED"

I can't claim credit for it though!

Because it's fashionable and the airlines, largely, are 'monkey see, monkey do'.

Like the new in-fashion thing is called "LCC" or "Low Cost Carrier".

I'll probably catch mega grief for this, but everyone's excited about ACA forming an LCC where ACA's current cost structure is anything but low and they don't even do their own marketing, scheduling or reservations.

But being labeled an "LCC" means that Wall Street forgets about the piss poor leadership of many of the companies leaders, they get a lot of press coverage with a strange name (and in-seat tv's!), etc.

Keep in mind just a few years ago the hot thing was a low-fare "Southwest"-style airline "within and airline" deal, ala Delta Express, Shuttle By United, Continental Lite, etc.

TED Airlines. We promise to stay out of the river.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind just a few years ago the hot thing was a low-fare "Southwest"-style airline "within and airline" deal, ala Delta Express, Shuttle By United, Continental Lite, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well apparently Doug the trend is still very much in fashion. Only now the airline within an airline is coming up with jazzier names (if you wannacall em that) Song, TED and now there is talk of American getting in on the LCC within an airline trend....my only hope is that if they do they actually paint there aircraft.

American Airlines livery... ekkkkkkkk

Everett

Song isnt so bad now but Teds colors dont remind me of puking like Songs does.

A person over on the DALPA forums made a few connections and figured that it should be called "Beaver"

Mostly because of the A320 into the trees accident when the captain had a fight with the autopilot, aka the tree 'hatchet' or "cleaver" if you will.

And then "Ted" beign short for "Theodore"...

Theodore Cleaver was nicknamed "Beaver" on "Leave it to Beaver".

Ok, so it was a st r e t c h!

I like the tail, but the rest of it is ugly. I really like how they had to make it clear in the small print behind that wing that they are part of uniTED. Cos really, thats the most stupid name ever. On the other hand anyone remember Continental's "light", that was a stupid name too. The previous name used by UAL "Shuttle" was much better then ted. It really does name Song look really good.

At least, United is not wasting any money on marketing research.

Reminds me of Air Canada Tango's livery:

Same aircraft, odd name, large title at the front, white fuselage, and parent company's logo on the tail.

Back