I buried my dog today

Sorry to hear about your dog Luna. I think about my dog all the time, my family speaks of her like a family member past with fond memories. I remember reading this after she died.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when suddenly one stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together'
--Author Unknown

I know how you feel. I lost mine two years ago and still think about her every day. She was the most loyal friend I have ever had. To this day I still find fur around the house.

The pain will subside, but always keep the memory alive.

15852639308_0_ALB.jpg

I am very sorry to hear about your loss...all my animals are my 'kids'...Luna is in a happy place and running/drinking/playing to her hearts content...it is tough right now, it will get better, I feel your pain...hang in there...
Cassie

Fins, that sucks man!:( Loosing a beloved pet is as hard as loosing a family member. Luna is now in a happpy place and is no longer suffering.:) Thanks for sharing this event.

I lost my dog "Taylor" last week. Although he kind of belonged to my parents (since I've moved out years ago) it still hurts. My mom called me crying. They are going to cremate him. My father passed away in October of last year. He loved Taylor. Half of his ashes are going to be sprinkled on my dad's grave, the other will be put in an urn, and sent to me......

I lost my dog "Taylor" last week. Although he kind of belonged to my parents (since I've moved out years ago) it still hurts. My mom called me crying. They are going to cremate him. My father passed away in October of last year. He loved Taylor. Half of his ashes are going to be sprinkled on my dad's grave, the other will be put in an urn, and sent to me......

Very sorry to hear about your father and your dog. At least they will be together again.

I showed this thread to my wife tonight and it brought a tear to her eye. A good tear though. We mostly talked about all the funny stuff Luna did. I keep saying this but thanks to all you guys/girls for the wonderful support. You rock!!!

"We never choose our pets - they choose us......"

Sorry to hear about your loss - unlike a human, a dog's love is unconditional!

BP244

I'm not ashamed to admit that reading your post made a couple of tears run down my face. I can totally relate to you. I'm sorry for your loss. As Aloft said "good times ahead"....always.

Keep the spirit up!!

My deepest sympathy to you and your wife. I know how it feels to lose a pet. I have always considered my dog to be part of the family, and when he died of cancer two years ago, the pain was just unbearable. Time does eventually heal the pain, and I am sure that your dog has gone to a better place. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Back