Hurricane Ike

Did pretty well in the galleria area. Got power and water back already. Right now I'm stealing wifi from the apple store at the mall like about 500 other people are.

And just a quick question why I can, since hobby and IAH went down, how do you fly over the area? just use tower freq as a CTAF or are you not allowed to fly period? I should prob know this but just wondering what the regs say.

I'll report back tomorrow morning, when the apple store opens back up, :)

I am going to venture to say that if the class B is shut down(for whatever reason) it reverts to class E airspace down to 1200 ft. Or it may even go to 700 ft. Thats my guess. But I think the only time it shut down was when the hit was sitting the fan. And it wouldnt really make sense to be out flying. But thats just me:)

On the other note, glad to hear you are faring well. I hear the power is coming back on slowly in the midtown, galleria, westheimer areas. Thats good news. I feel incredibly fortunate to have had power since about 20 hours after the storm hit. I guess I picked the right apt complex when I moved here.

Back