Hunting Season=Maintenance Delay???

Old Dominion Flyer

Our flight school has maintenance performed on part of the fleet at the home field, which is in a suburban area. The rest of the fleet has maintenance performed at airports that are a bit more rural in nature. The maintenance shop at one of the outlying fields was recently contacted for routine maintenance. The time required for the work requested was a bit longer than usual. The reason for the delay was that most of maintenance staff would be out for a week on hunting trips.

Has anyone else encountered this? In no way am I upset by this. I just thought it was a unique and rather amusing reason for a maintenance delay.

Ah...I'm not really surprised. If the business owner feels they won't loose customers, then why not?

But then again, I live in the land of 3 seasons; winter, deer season and road destruction season.

eh, everything goes down for hunting season here in Wyoming it seems. Not only in aviation either. Its comparable to a Christmas break for you easterners.

My friends got out of school on the first day of hunting season in upstate NY. It wasn't official per the government, but it was expected by the school/teachers, so it wasn't a huge deal. It's all regional, I guess.

Back