How to log flight time with an SOE/SIC limitation on a first time type rating??

irwin2018

I received my first time ever PIC type rating in a BE300/350 with a SOE/SIC limitation (it was completed in a simulator). The limitation is in the process of being removed, BUT all the flight time prior to the removal is logged how? Total only? PIC (as sole manipulator)? SIC?

Log as 61.51 & 61.31 allows. Then provide the Administrator or a representative of the Administrator a record of you meeting the requirements to have the SOE limitation removed.

I remember it took me a long time to wrap my head around the concept(s) involved here. It doesn't make any sense to me that there are:
A. Rules in different places of the FARs about Pilot In Command.
B. There are rules about when you can ACT as (i.e. BE the) PIC on a flight,
C. There are other rules about when you can legally LOG time in the PIC column of your log book,
D. Those two sets of rules do not line up in all circumstances.

Crazy stuff but, yes, there are times when you cannot BE the PIC, but you can LOG the time in the PIC column of your logbook.

I remember it took me a long time to wrap my head around the concept(s) involved here. It doesn't make any sense to me that there are:
A. Rules in different places of the FARs about Pilot In Command.
B. There are rules about when you can ACT as (i.e. BE the) PIC on a flight,
C. There are other rules about when you can legally LOG time in the PIC column of your log book,
D. Those two sets of rules do not line up in all circumstances.

Crazy stuff but, yes, there are times when you cannot BE the PIC, but you can LOG the time in the PIC column of your logbook.
...and there are times you can be PIC but not authorized to log it.

Back