How much notice before class date?

mancubuss

Has anyone else been getting as little notice as me? I couldn't accept my last two class dates because they've given me only about 10 days. I live in NY and am relocating to san diego so I need a little bit of notice to get things together. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Are u VRA? I turned down 2 class dates and both of them were with like 10 days notice. Realistically, ny HR rep told me that if your serious about it, after ur first offer you should get yourself prepared to leave with little notice. She also told me if I get turning them down I was gonna get bumped. I turned around and accepted the second she offered me

I got 12 days notice. My daughter was born 8 days before I came down here. Put your stuff in storage except for the bare minimum or sell it. If you get a late notice class date, it's because someone resigned/didn't show up/failed out, etc. Not many opportunities are gonna come since classes are booked up full until at least March right now.

I got 12 days notice. My daughter was born 8 days before I came down here. Put your stuff in storage except for the bare minimum or sell it. If you get a late notice class date, it's because someone resigned/didn't show up/failed out, etc. Not many opportunities are gonna come since classes are booked up full until at least March right now.

Nothing scares me more than getting a short notice and having to turn it down. Don't want to leave my current job without a proper notice. Cause then u would have to get that added to your e quip

Has anyone else been getting as little notice as me? I couldn't accept my last two class dates because they've given me only about 10 days. I live in NY and am relocating to san diego so I need a little bit of notice to get things together. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Yea I was given little notice, but i jumped on the opportunity. I am from Indianapolis, and I am heading to San Diego also. I found out last tuesday and class starts 12/2.

I'm driving down from WI so I would prefer a week minimum. I'd quit my job on the spot! But I'm not going to be picky about dates...sooner the better.

Nothing scares me more than getting a short notice and having to turn it down. Don't want to leave my current job without a proper notice. Cause then u would have to get that added to your e quip
No you wouldn't. Once your clearance is submitted you don't have to go back and amend it with later developments. Why would you want to??

Unless you get fired for something like stealing, you have nothing to worry about. Proper Notice? Please. I don't remember the "did you leave any job without a 2 week notice" button on my EQUIP.

Unless you get fired for something like stealing, you have nothing to worry about. Proper Notice? Please. I don't remember the "did you leave any job without a 2 week notice" button on my EQUIP.

Hey fellas, come on now --

1 - it was a joke -

2 - there was a section that had you list any job you were terminated from, quit before you were fired, or left without proper notice....

i have declined my first two dates for less than 2 weeks notice. they said on the phone it wouldnt hurt me and that they were just trying to fill slots that people droped out of. i would love to get a month or two nottice like some on here. I have to relocate a family of 5 two states away and it takes a little time to make it happen. I cant do it in 12 days.

i have declined my first two dates for less than 2 weeks notice. they said on the phone it wouldnt hurt me and that they were just trying to fill slots that people droped out of. i would love to get a month or two nottice like some on here. I have to relocate a family of 5 two states away and it takes a little time to make it happen. I cant do it in 12 days.

You have 4 wives?! :crazy:

I am totally kidding! Are you really taking your family with?

Yes I am taking my family. Its expensive to pay a house payment as well as academy rent for me and we figure we might as well sell our house since we are moving anyways. Plus we are going from utah to oklahom to Texas so its easier to just all go now and my wife can work on getting us a place in Texas while I am at the academy (its a much shorter drive from there than from utah). If I was staying in Utah for my location i would not take my family, since we would then be keeping our house.

Back