How much notice before class date?

You win Boomer
I am heading to MAF(Midland-Odessa). Never been there but have been researching it online. Its a good thing i am already married with kids because it seems like it would be a really boring place to be single! But great for familes.. lots of kid sports and parks and things like that. ( i have three little boys) I am actually glad to be going to a level 8 though, as everyone says its better to learn at a lower level.

You win Boomer
I am heading to MAF(Midland-Odessa). Never been there but have been researching it online. Its a good thing i am already married with kids because it seems like it would be a really boring place to be single! But great for familes.. lots of kid sports and parks and things like that. ( i have three little boys) I am actually glad to be going to a level 8 though, as everyone says its better to learn at a lower level.

3 boys in Midland, they'll be out of your hair a lot of the time with Football practice, Baseball practice, Basketball practice, & Cross Country. I dunno if they have Soccer their yet or not, they may still think it's gay there... lol

Make sure you put your boys in Football if you want any social life or be in the "in crowd".

Yes I am taking my family. Its expensive to pay a house payment as well as academy rent for me and we figure we might as well sell our house since we are moving anyways. Plus we are going from utah to oklahom to Texas so its easier to just all go now and my wife can work on getting us a place in Texas while I am at the academy (its a much shorter drive from there than from utah). If I was staying in Utah for my location i would not take my family, since we would then be keeping our house.

My husband is taking his fam too (me and the 2 kids). We aren't having to relocate from SLC cause he was offered a position at ZLC and we are keeping our place and paying mortgage and rent...but since I stay home, it is better for our family to be together. My husband and I were afraid we would get too homesick for each other and end up spending lots of $$$$ on plane tickets (we can't afford a mortgage, rent AND plane tickets). We have only slept apart 3 nights (one while he was at the Chicago PEPC) in 7 years of marriage and neither of us wanted to suddenly add 4 months to that.

I was offered a spot at OKC with 9 days notice. I had to turn it down also. My HR rep said it was no big deal & that I wouldn't be at the back of the line for this. They were just trying to fill a vacant spot. She said more spots would be available after the holidays.

I just got my class date of January 12 which is about 3 weeks away. Very exciting time! Happy Holidays to all!

I was just offered a january 12th class date but for the third time in a row its only 2 weeks away. I talked to HR and explained i really need more notice to get my family packed and moved and my house rented out. I am now slotted for the march 31st class. I guess they finally heard me needing to know in advance! I dont think i could get much more time than that.

The called me on December 19th and offered me December 29th class date. I turned it down and they called me like 3 hours later and said they signed me up for January 20th and basically didn't give me the chance to say no :p
so off I go.

I was given one week. Got an early Xmas present last Wed and just arrived in OKC yesterday for class starting on Friday....def a hectic last week!!

The called me on December 19th and offered me December 29th class date. I turned it down and they called me like 3 hours later and said they signed me up for January 20th and basically didn't give me the chance to say no :p
so off I go.

Do you think if you have school they might let you delay or is it a take it or reapply scenario they give you?

If anyone on here is interested in a 1 bedroom, UNFURNISHED place, let me know. There is one that just opened up in our complex and the office manager will hold it for 2 weeks if she gets someone interested that is coming out before the 24th. Otherwise she is going to list the room.

Specs : over 500 sq ft, 1 bed, 1 bath - $475/month
You have to get own electricity and internet. Internet set-up is free through the office here and electricity is $25 to set-up. I think you would be at or under $20/day for the place. Let me know soon if any of you 2 weekers are interested! Oh and I get $100 off my rent and I will pass $50 of that on to you!! :)

You can also check out Warren House (about 40th and Meridian). It is furnished (minus linens, microwave and some kitchen stuff) and they are advertising $430 but I don't know if that includes short term leases. Most places I found required an extra $100/month for short term leases or didn't allow them at all! If you are planning on going non-faa housing, before you get all excited about a place make sure that offer short term leases. I had so many places that seemed wonderful and GREAT then in the end didn't offer short-term leases.

Anyone here have to wait and wait for their OKC packet to arrive?? I suppose to start my drive to OKC this friday and am told by Robin at OKC that it should be here Thursday.

Anyone here have to wait and wait for their OKC packet to arrive?? I suppose to start my drive to OKC this friday and am told by Robin at OKC that it should be here Thursday.

I hear ya, I too spoke with Robin and have yet to receive my packet either...

I hear ya, I too spoke with Robin and have yet to receive my packet either...
She sent out 140 of them today. I got the tracking number for mine so I know at least one of them made it out :)

Back