How intensive is the commercial aviation degree?

Oh I see. Yeah a lot of people sure do. So what would be my chances of getting hired not even necessarily by a regional but possibly even flying like part 91 or 135 somewhere else straight out of UND with a Aviation Management and around 275 hours?

Right now... Your chances are around 0%. In 4 years? Who knows. I know there's one UND guy who was hired at a regional with around 200 hours and he seems to be doing fine. :)

You will have 200 hours after your Avit Management degree unless you already have some time.

Oh I see. Yeah a lot of people sure do. So what would be my chances of getting hired not even necessarily by a regional but possibly even flying like part 91 or 135 somewhere else straight out of UND with a Aviation Management and around 275 hours?
0%; 91 and 135 have higher mins than the regionals. 91 usually because of insurance, and 135 because you need 500 min for VFR and 1200 for IFR. it is sad when people can get hired at an airline to fly around 70 people, yet don't have enough hours to do aerial photography.........

For the record i took the management route

Hey Bignellyxx, so just out of curiosity, how come you ended up going the management route? I was thinking about switching from comm avit. to avit. management even though I still want to be a commercial pilot. Would that be a good idea?[/quote]

It was something i decided before i came to UND. I'm glad i made the choice because business classes were a great escape from the aviation classes and vice versa. I took CFI, CFII and the CRJ classes as electives. I think i ended up about 4 easy classes away from the commercial and management degree but decided on saving the money. Didn't figure there was any need to spend extra money just for any extra bachelors degree.

I did like the fact that the Ratio was better in the business department. Better looking girls on the other side of the coulee/small river, stream, creek whatever you call it. There are plenty of wookies too though

Hey Bignellyxx, so just out of curiosity, how come you ended up going the management route? I was thinking about switching from comm avit. to avit. management even though I still want to be a commercial pilot. Would that be a good idea?

It was something i decided before i came to UND. I'm glad i made the choice because business classes were a great escape from the aviation classes and vice versa. I took CFI, CFII and the CRJ classes as electives. I think i ended up about 4 easy classes away from the commercial and management degree but decided on saving the money. Didn't figure there was any need to spend extra money just for any extra bachelors degree.

I did like the fact that the Ratio was better in the business department. Better looking girls on the other side of the coulee/small river, stream, creek whatever you call it. There are plenty of wookies too though[/quote]

Oh alright, good to know. I heard the CRJ course was only open to people who were comm. aviation? I'm guessing thats not true because you were avit. manag. and took the course anyways right?

Oh alright, good to know. I heard the CRJ course was only open to people who were comm. aviation? I'm guessing thats not true because you were avit. manag. and took the course anyways right?

Correct, Thanks for fixing my goofy post. The CRJ course was fun and very helpful but isn't necessary.

Back