How do crew cars at crashpads work?

CoffeeIcePapers

Well-Hung Member
Looks like I might need a crash pad for a few months and some of them advertise crew cars. How does this usually work? Seems like 1 car between a bunch of random people coming and going would be a nightmare.

Looks like I might need a crash pad for a few months and some of them advertise crew cars. How does this usually work? Seems like 1 car between a bunch of random people coming and going would be a nightmare.

My old crashpad in DTW had a crew car. We had a group text chat and arranged for pickups and drops offs. Everyone had a key and the last person at the pad would park the car in the employee lot. We always parked the car in the same spot so we knew where it was. Actually worked pretty well. Only thing that sucked was dropping somebody off at the airport for a 5am report. But in all honesty it was a great system. Everybody knew how it worked.

I had a pad with a a crew car once. I’ll never do that again, the group chat was used and since I was on reserve never getting called I was essentially the crash pad Uber driver. I seemed to always be the one putting gas in, and to top it off when I would need a ride, most of the time no one would respond and I’d have to take an Uber to and from. But that was just my experience, the idea sounds great.

I heard of an arrangement where the last person who got a ride to the pad in the car was on the hook to drive the next airport trips until another crashpadder arrived. If they needed the first ride the arrival before them was 'IT' and so on, an agreed hierarchy so no one was without a ride. Unfortunate for a late call reserve giving the rides first thing in the morning, but that's crashpad life for you.

Back