Hotels

stuckingfk

I for one wouldn't, but it got me thinking. A friend of mine was on a business trip and they had to share rooms with same sex coworkers.

Wondering what everyone else thinks.

In one of Bob Buck's books there is a funny bit about how it used to be like that at some places. He was a young new FO and his captain would bring back some woman to the room and he'd mill around in the lobby and walk around in the hall and come back to the room late and sleep on the floor or a futon or something.

At all airlines that put up their new-hires, F/As share accommodations for new-hire training. It sucks!

My first contract I worked under at Eagle (1995), we still had to share rooms for recurrent training! That was renegotiated with the "new" contract in 1997(?) and we finally got single rooms, like grown adults should have!

Yup, we shared rooms for training... good times.

I couldn't think what could happen if the crew did not get along and not only were they flying together for the month but also sharing the room?? Thats a bunch of time to spend with anyone!

This really may sound silly but ever since I was a young lad I loved hotels and always dreamed of being in a career where I would have an opertunity to travel and be a big shot staying in a hotel. Then my love for aviation on top of that just has ended up being a perfect fit. Now im still very early in my training but just the thought that soon I will be that traveler and sharing a room or not im giddy as a school girl.

First thing comes to mind, in a very frank and direct manner, how would one take care of necessary masturbatory functions?

I had to share a room with a guy during sim training at Skyway and that was horrible.

Of course I didn't know any better at the time, but it's awkward because I never had a "in the room" roommate since I was a freaking college freshman and I value my "downtime" between training events.

"Hey man, check out this airplane! Wanna watch Happy Gilmore again? I love Adam Sandler!"

"Awwww SHAAAAAADUP YOU!"

I've been in the work world for 18 years now.

Never has an employer asked me to share a room.

And if one did, I'd tell them I'm not making the trip.

I've been in the work world for 18 years now.

Never has an employer asked me to share a room.

And if one did, I'd tell them I'm not making the trip.
that's where i'm at!! I'll get my own room and expense it if i have to.

This really may sound silly but ever since I was a young lad I loved hotels and always dreamed of being in a career where I would have an opertunity to travel and be a big shot staying in a hotel. Then my love for aviation on top of that just has ended up being a perfect fit. Now im still very early in my training but just the thought that soon I will be that traveler and sharing a room or not im giddy as a school girl.

Wait until you see how quickly that wears off once you have to do it.

In training we had to share suites, but it was a two bedroom (with closing doors) room with kitchen and living area... that was fine with me.

Here's the thing, I snore, loud. How loud? If sound was purely propulsive, I would have made 10 round trips to the moon at this point.

So, sharing a room? For the love of God don't put the other person through that!

Here's the thing, I snore, loud. How loud? If sound was purely propulsive, I would have made 10 round trips to the moon at this point.

So, sharing a room? For the love of God don't put the other person through that!

And I, Proudie old mate, am a light sleeper. My wife snores. Loud. REAL LOUD. For the first several years we were married I slept in a different room almost every night.

Sharing rooms - bad juju.

Absolutely not.

Sharing the rental car, sure. Sharing a hotel room, no.

Someone already mentioned the down time between duty periods/training sessions. You need to get away from those you work with. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all of those other cliches that I can't think of right now.

-mini

See the avatar? Picture was taken when 2 dudes had to share a hotel room with only 1 remote control. So the answer is NO!

Back