Hotel Strike

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Just a heads up to anybody out on the road this weekend, UNITE HERE, the union representing about 300,000 hotel, food service, and entertainment workers has announced a strike a several hotel properties, primarily in Hawaii, California, and Boston.

Please don't cross any picket lines if you have the ability to choose another hotel, or ask your conpany to do so.

I have a San Diego layover tomorrow night, how exactly does one handle this as a union pilot? Best to talk to the union and see what they say?

I have a San Diego layover tomorrow night, how exactly does one handle this as a union pilot? Best to talk to the union and see what they say?

I've been working with the company most of the day to get our crews moved out of the 2 properties that are currently struck that we stay in. I'd guess your hotel committee or SPSC would be handling any issues you guys have.

Thanks for the awareness! Not that anyone here would find themselves inadvertently supporting struck work in this place, but the Boeing machinists go on strike 10 days from now.

Back