Hotel has been reserved...see details below to reserve your room.

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
:nana2: :nana2: :nana2:

We've been able to put 10 rooms (at group rate) on reserve at the Chicago Marriott O'Hare Airport Hotel for $99 a night (15.4% taxes unfortunately not included in base price). They are standard Marriott rooms and not suites.

The hotel has a shuttle to the aiport (I believe every 15 minutes) and there is a walkway to a bridge that leads directly to the nearest EL train station (approx 2 min walk) which means it's in a perfect location for us!! No rental cars will be needed. YAY!

ALL of the rooms are now non-smoking...Hotel parking is extremely expensive (like airport parking expensive!) so don't even think about getting a car, lets just take the train everywhere!

As far as amenities go, there is an indoor/outdoor pool, jacuzzi, on-site fitness area, a sports bar, and 2 restuarants (one open for all 3 meals, one open only for dinner). We may use either the pool area or the sports bar area to hold our meet & greet function....it depends on if Marriott is going to have a freak party on us if we do that as we're not paying for the "space".

All of the information about this hotel can be found here

To book your room, call (800) 228-9290 or (773) 693-4444 and tell them your with the NETWORKJC group coming in on June 8, 2007. They will require the first nights room cost on a major credit card.

the cut-off date to reserve your room is May 18, 2007. Anything not claimed after that will be given back to the hotel and charged at the regular rate.

I do believe you can cancel up to 48 hours prior to arriving if needed.

Doug is still not guaranteed for this weekends event...We may need some other pilots from the area to head this up for him if he cannot make it. I should be able to make it...

Any questions, let me know.:nana2:

Just spoke to Don in the Sales Office at the Marriott because I could not get the group to come up with Reservations. Don said that everything was OK but the Contract had not been returned yet, so no rooms can be reserved until that happens. Just passing it on.

I faxed it over before I put the info up on the board... someone probably didn't get it.. I"ll give a call tomorrow.

it should be ok to try again... i emailed and they said it can sometimes take a day to get into the computer. she said she'd get back to me when it did go thru but hasn't gotten back to me.. 3 days later, i'm thinking it should be ok to try again! haha

edit: got the call, we're all good to go!

Room reserved. I booked it for four nights. Additional nights are $249.00 a night. The reservatin girl, Sarah, suggested that Sunday night may be able to be added to the block. I'm not sure if enough people would be staying that night or what the minimums would be to add it. Did not discuss any details with her.

$249???? that's awfully high for a Sunday night. Did they say why it was so high?

Glad to hear the reserve situation is working! thanks for the update!

That is apparently their "regular" rate. I didn't ask a lot of questions. Sometimes a lower rate can be secured just by asking for one. I didn't.

Toria- The rate that you were given seems really high for a standard room. So I checked pricing on the hotels website and for a standard room on 6/8-6/11 it was $109/night plus tax. You might might want to call them and ask why you got such a high rate, or cancel your non block nights and reserve them online.

Toria- The rate that you were given seems really high for a standard room. So I checked pricing on the hotels website and for a standard room on 6/8-6/11 it was $109/night plus tax. You might might want to call them and ask why you got such a high rate, or cancel your non block nights and reserve them online.

Thanks!! I will.

Question....how hard is it to get from Midway to the hotel area where everyone else is going to be at? Just comparing pricing flying on SWA vs. AA or DL...AA's cheapest so far...

Also, anyone want to split a room?

I don't know. I think there might be train from Midway and if so, then it'd probably be really easy. I'd check the train maps!

I don't know. I think there might be train from Midway and if so, then it'd probably be really easy. I'd check the train maps!

Yes, there is a train from MDW to ORD. You will have to transfer 1 time. I believe it is close to an hour with the xfer.

I thought that ride looked awful long......ORD it is then. I'll book my ticket tomorrow on AA....

Yes, there is a train from MDW to ORD. You will have to transfer 1 time. I believe it is close to an hour with the xfer.

It's actually about 40 minutes from MDW to downtown...then another 4 or so out to the Cumberland stop where the Marriott is. Nothing confusing or hard to do...just takes awhile.

if you look at the website, i think it's $20/day..might be good to call and see if that's changed or not.

might be better off parking in economy or offsite parking at the airport and shuttle in.

Back