Hotel Costs

ComplexHiAv8r

I know that other threads had mentioned costs, thought I would start a thread to keep them in one place. Here is what I am seeing.

Hotel thurs/fri/sat
Tropicana 120/166/186
Luxor 150/190/200
New York New York 150/200/200
MGM 144/216/234
Monte Carlo 160/220/260
Excalibur 90/150/170
Boardwalk 90/135/135

Terribles 53.10/98.10/98.10
Its one block up the strip, on block East (next to Hard Rock)

What everyone else seeing?

Wow that's not so bad! I was thinking it would be a little more expensive. I would love to stay at the Luxor but I don't know if they would let a 20-year-old make reservations.
mad.gif

I just booked Terribles for Wed/Thurs at $34/night, Fri/Sat at $79/night. It has a 72 cancel if I can find better, but not sure that I will.

Anyone know if the Tram goes by Terribles?

No Tram, but Terribles is already on the same side of the strip as NY NY and MGM. It's just a little further down.

same side of the strip?? it's well off-strip. it's going to be either a good hike or a cab ride, i'd suggest cab! nowhere close to the trams really. altho might be cheaper to take a cab to bally's then tram it down to the four corners area.

altho it might be closer to the karaoke bar we were at last time? anyone remember where that place was??

main_map.gif

Terribles is on Flamingo, so it's a couple of blocks off the strip in about the middle. It's sort of over by where the original karaoke place was, and that was one block over from MGM on Koval. Not bad, really.

I was thinking Terribles was further south than Mandalay Bay for some reason. The free hotel shuttle will more than make up for any cab rides to the strip, but I'd guess it's probably only about a 10-15 min walk to Bally's.

I was told its a 10-15 min walk to the strip. Its near the Hard Rock Cafe. I looked and the Monorail and its on the back side of Bally's (looks like near Koval) for one station. Does it go downtown yet? The site I am on shows it past Sahara.
aaa.lvmonorail.com

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the Hawthorne on that map?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are at the Hawthorn, the San Remo is the only thing between you and the MGM. You go out the front door of the Hawthorn, take a left and walk through the San Remo parking lot then you will be at the MGM 5-10 minutes at most if you hit traffic crossing to the MGM. There are already a few of us at the Hawthorn Suites. Decent prices and they don't charge extra for extra guests. Also have a pretty good free buffet breakfast in the a.m.

[ QUOTE ]
We were in Bourbon Street, if I remember correctly, Kristie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly recommend we not go back to that place. Talk about shady!

Why? I thought it went really well. Even though the guy running the karaoke was a homophobe and wouldn't let Max sing "Man I Feel Like a Woman."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We were in Bourbon Street, if I remember correctly, Kristie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly recommend we not go back to that place. Talk about shady!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? I didn't get that at all!

If anybody stays at the Tropicana, could you tell me how it is. My dad and I are heading to LAS in November for the airshow. Thanks.

we've stayed at the tropicana before and didn't like it... maybe we were in the older section or something but it smelled like cigarette smoke, had cigarette burns in the carpet.. the carpet seemed to be "coming up"? and it just seemed like we paid too much money for the quality of the room - to be frank!

if you paid over $79/nt for the room...i'd look elsewhere! we were thinking it should have been on the $40-50/nt scale!

$50 is even pressing it for the quality of room we got that time. Hell, I think the Motel Six in Tulare, CA was 10x more elegant and comfortable than our room there.

The only thing shady about the karoke place was that creepy old guy singing about little girls. Ew *shudder*

Back