Hiring number plans for next year (En-route)

Ryballz

This came from the training manager at my center.
Next year there will be approx 300 new hires total for en-route. He doesn't know which centers are hurting the most for people, but according to him ZDV is over staffed and probably will only get a couple from that.

He wasn't positive, but he said he thinks all the hiring for en-route will come from only CTI or military.

Depends on how he's defining "hire". Technically, it's not really until you're through the Academy doors that you're considered hired. In that case, there's still a lot of OTS people in the system who'll be going through, most from PUBNATs 5-7, a handful from earlier. It's roughly 1/3 OTS, 1/3 CTI, 1/3 VRA, as of the last count. HR's made it pretty clear that they're not going to just dump them out of the system once they've been slotted for a facility, since it'd really screw things up for both short and long term training and staffing plans.

But if he's going with the understanding of hiring being when someone is selected, interviewed, run through clearances, etc... yeah, he's pretty much dead on.

Doesn't surprise me to hear that about ZDV, there've been guys caught in TOL limbo for that place for a while now.

300's the same number I heard from my training manager as well.

We had a meeting "breakout" at work today. They mentioned that the anticipated retirements are not happening as quickly as they thought and suspect it's due to economy. However, I also got the impression that we (ZDV) are overstaffed by about 80 according to the numbers the ATO has dictated for our facility.

We had a meeting "breakout" at work today. They mentioned that the anticipated retirements are not happening as quickly as they thought and suspect it's due to economy. However, I also got the impression that we (ZDV) are overstaffed by about 80 according to the numbers the ATO has dictated for our facility.

You're not going by the same ones they put in the recently updated 10 Year plan, are you? If you go by those figures, nearly every facility in the country is drastically overstaffed.

You're not going by the same ones they put in the recently updated 10 Year plan, are you? If you go by those figures, nearly every facility in the country is drastically overstaffed.

My natca rep was tellin me tonight that ZNY isn't hiring anyone else for months, maybe years. And that a lot of facilities are doing the same thing. We have 6 people coming from okc in June and there isn't anyone coming for a long time after. He there are some facilities that have more trainees than fpl's. He also said that there is a huge investigation into the hiring and that they aren't gonna be doin much more hiring/sending people to okc till it's all worked out.

We had a meeting "breakout" at work today. They mentioned that the anticipated retirements are not happening as quickly as they thought and suspect it's due to economy.

prolly has something to do with the new contracts that just got negotiated as well. i might not retire if i was getting a raise either. i hope hiring picks up in the next year or two. wish i would have got in with pubnat 7 instead of 8. i'm still positive. hope all the pubnat 8's are keeping the faith.

My natca rep was tellin me tonight that ZNY isn't hiring anyone else for months, maybe years. And that a lot of facilities are doing the same thing. We have 6 people coming from okc in June and there isn't anyone coming for a long time after. He there are some facilities that have more trainees than fpl's. He also said that there is a huge investigation into the hiring and that they aren't gonna be doin much more hiring/sending people to okc till it's all worked out.

Guess that's not surprising. It'll be interesting to see how they revise things.

Back