High-pitched tone in ear

coa787

Unknown Member
What does it mean when you hear a little high-pithced tone in your ear? I've heard a few and they usually last for a few seconds. Is it related to or caused by hearing damage or something like that?

Thanks.

What does it mean when you hear a little high-pithced tone in your ear? I've heard a few and they usually last for a few seconds. Is it related to or caused by hearing damage or something like that?

Thanks.
I think it is quite normal. Of course I am not a doctor but everyone I have talked to has had these some time in their life.

Your head be fixing to asplode!!!

Tinnitus is not itself a disease but a symptom resulting from a range of underlying causes. Tinnitus is the ability to perceive sounds which are always present within the auditory (hearing) system. This is a failure of the compensatory mechanisms that are part of its normal function. This "phantom" sound can create distress in the sufferer. Causes include ear infections, foreign objects or wax in the ear, nose allergies that prevent (or induce) fluid drain and cause wax build-up, and injury from loud noises. Tinnitus is also a side-effect of some oral medications, such as aspirin, and may also result from an abnormally low level of serotonin activity.

or, this thread, whose lesson is: "wear hearing protection when using a shotgun."

Okay, it's definitely the excess wax in the ear. So I'm guessing that if I clean my ears just enough to prevent excess wax build from building up, I shouldn't be able to hear the high-pitched sound anymore?

Thanks.

I'm not sure of your situation, but do you maybe have a wife or a girlfriend? Could be the cause.

(Ducks)

I'm not sure of your situation, but do you maybe have a wife or a girlfriend? Could be the cause.

(Ducks)

Ha! I'll give you that, that was good. But I'm pretty sure it's due to cerumen as I've had to use Debrox in the past to clear the build-up in my ear.

Thanks guys for your help.

Back