Hey Robamey

montanapilot

are you gonna back up your statements or should we just assume you are a 2 post flamebaiter, dug up by the admissions department?

admissions - sheesh just buy an ad for goodness sake, oh thats right you can't
blush.gif

Funny, last time I checked, Doug allows anyone to give their opinions. Is there any rule against someone giving their positive opinion? No, I didn't think so. Whay did Robamey say that was so wrong? And I'm willing to bet Doug would entertain an the thought of an advertising offer if it were presented to him.

Re: Yankee One

On the topic of presenting Doug with an advertising offer.. I see on this site there are some schools advertised which this site supports and others, DCA included, who choose not to advertise here. It seems the schools who choose to advertise here have more positive feedback on this forum than those who do not. Are there any websites similar to this one, where DCA does advertise, that more positive feedback can be read?
Any chance on an ID Yankee One?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
who choose not to advertise here

[/ QUOTE ]

The advertisers on Jetcareers are allowed to advertise here because they have passed Doug's sniff test. The fact that the advertiser's forums tend to have more positive feedback than the others is no coincidence. If you want to find somewhere else that will tell you what you want to hear, then have at it. This website does the best job of filtering out the BS of any site I've found.

Lets see..... the only positive things your gonna hear about DCA is at DCA, in a magazine ad, and on this forum. Really the only negative thing you see on this forum is about the DCA advertising, which does suck.

"It seems the schools who choose to advertise here have more positive feedback on this forum than those who do not"

I would agree with you except for PanAm. Check it out.

It's been said that Doug personally checks out schools before he accepts their advertising. There was some things said by a DCA rep a while back about Doug that makes me think DCA won't be advertising at Jetcareers anytime soon. Personally, I think if PanAm is allowd to be here, there is no reason not to accept DCA.

[ QUOTE ]
that more positive feedback can be read?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think we give DCA a hard time over here try posting a question about it over at FlightInfo. You'll likely be lashed 70 times with a wet noodle.

Why are you so gung hoe about DCA anyway.

heading180, from another forum....

"I have been accepted into DCA. In fact My wife and I are planning a move to Central Fl. from Pittsburgh in about 3 weeks."

I've discovered the whereabouts of our mysterious poster (by accident). He even uses his real name.

[ QUOTE ]
"It seems the schools who choose to advertise here have more positive feedback on this forum than those who do not"

I would agree with you except for PanAm. Check it out.

It's been said that Doug personally checks out schools before he accepts their advertising. There was some things said by a DCA rep a while back about Doug that makes me think DCA won't be advertising at Jetcareers anytime soon. Personally, I think if PanAm is allowd to be here, there is no reason not to accept DCA.

[/ QUOTE ]well, considering that that particular DCA rep is no longer with the company, that's one good thing where doug might be willing to talk.. however, A LOT about the advertising would HAVE to change and i'm not bout to go into specifics on that...

as far as panam goes, we haven't had a chance to check on their advertising changes..to much outside stuff going on.

[ QUOTE ]
On the topic of presenting Doug with an advertising offer.. I see on this site there are some schools advertised which this site supports and others, DCA included, who choose not to advertise here. It seems the schools who choose to advertise here have more positive feedback on this forum than those who do not. Are there any websites similar to this one, where DCA does advertise, that more positive feedback can be read?
Any chance on an ID Yankee One?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a classic case of reversing the cause and effect. I think the schools that get positive feedback do so because they are upstanding institutions, and their students are pleased with their experiences. Those schools also happen to be ethical with their advertising, so naturally Doug would allow them to advertise.

I do not think for a second that the fact that they advertise has ANYTHING to do with why they get good press on the site.

Now the question seems to be...does Comair Academy (DCA for those uninitiated) choose to not advertise here, or are they not allowed to advertise here?

G

"as far as panam goes, we haven't had a chance to check on their advertising changes..to much outside stuff going on."

I'll check for you later tonight. Were they supposed to change anything specific? I'd be very suprised if they have changed anything.

"Those schools also happen to be ethical with their advertising, so naturally Doug would allow them to advertise."

I'd love to agree with you. I'd ask you to check out PanAm's advertising/website. Then check out DCA's advertising/website. And come back and tell me the difference. I'd really like a second opinion to prove I'm not crazy.

"The relationships we have developed over the years with numerous regional and major airlines offer our graduates many more choices than are available at other schools; FOR SURE."

I'd make them prove that. I think it's BS.

"The results have been self-evident. Our graduates are highly regarded in the industry and have a record of success that has been virtually unmatched by pilots from anywhere else - FOR SURE."

Total BS. Prove it.

"Pan Am International Flight Academy graduates are able to obtain jobs at airlines with flight times that are significantly lower than the actual hiring minimums set by most airlines - FASTER."

Total BS. I don't doubt their guys get on with low times but guys from other places are doing it too.

Then you go to the "airline industry spotlight" page. My problem with this page is it doesn't portray an accurate picture of the reality of the business. I think it's essential to show both sides of the picture to those entering the industry. It's unforgiveable that they say "this is how the industry is" and only tell the good news.

Since I've been looking at the PanAm website, which was when they first started advertising here, nothing has changed that I can see.

Hopefully, most people that go to any school have checked it out closely, ignore the marketing, and know what's up in the industry these days. I could almost just turn a blind eye to the crap I read on the PanAm site if it wasn't that their school is endorsed by Jetcareers. That's what really bothers me.

[ QUOTE ]
"
"The results have been self-evident. Our graduates are highly regarded in the industry and have a record of success that has been virtually unmatched by pilots from anywhere else - FOR SURE."

[/ QUOTE ]

Even from the military?

Back