hey doug how long have you been at delta?

rici

hey doug I was thinking tonight, how long have you been at delta for? When do we get to see 'captain' doug?
Another thing I was wondering about, do you ever visit PPRUNE? (personally I prefer this forum- its more positive!)
keep up the good work!

Doug and to all you pro-pilots out there. You know the one about the CFI, the Airline Pilot, and the Shuttle Astronaut Pilot all looking up (or down) and wishing for the others job? It is a beautiful himiditiy free day in N. Va and I have got to wonder if the pro's out there ever wish that they were back in the 172 actually able to appreciate the topograph that they are flying over or is it all relative and the view and satisfaction just as rewarding from 35,000 feet?

a. The Answer is HERE!

b. Umm, I dunno! It all depends on seniority and I haven't been able to hold a captain position for about two years (thanks, al Quada). I'm not quite sure when things will pickup to the point that my seniority starts increasing enough to make the jump. I probably wouldn't entertain a move to the captain seat (seniority permitting) until after I've done a few years of international FO to see the other part of the world.

c. I've been to PPRUNE but it's way too big, busy and I'm not quite sure what everyone's talking about. Flying is a lot easier on the US side because we've only got a finite amount of airlines to discuss. But on a global site like that, it's hard to keep up with the EasyJets, the JetGo's the Virgin Green/Blue/Purple/Chartruese, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Doug and to all you pro-pilots out there. You know the one about the CFI, the Airline Pilot, and the Shuttle Astronaut Pilot all looking up (or down) and wishing for the others job? It is a beautiful himiditiy free day in N. Va and I have got to wonder if the pro's out there ever wish that they were back in the 172 actually able to appreciate the topograph that they are flying over or is it all relative and the view and satisfaction just as rewarding from 35,000 feet?

[/ QUOTE ]

The grass is always greener on the other side, but you've got to mow the lawn.
smile.gif

I guess I have the best of both worlds. I own a couple of Cessnas and still do some training in them.

Which do I enjoy more...it's a tough question that I can't really say one way or another except to say that at different times, I'm wishing I was doing the other one.

The topography is nicer from a 152 but last night I drove the Vette 12 hours rather than make a 5 hour round trip in the 152 cause it would have required me to fly over the mountains at night. Back in the day, I wouldn't thought twice about it but now I guess it scares me a little.

[ QUOTE ]
The grass is always greener on the other side, but you've got to mow the lawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, and the water bill is probably higher!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

b. I probably wouldn't entertain a move to the captain seat (seniority permitting) until after I've done a few years of international FO to see the other part of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

What ever happened to PIC PIC PIC!?!?!?!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What ever happened to PIC PIC PIC!?!?!?!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If my employer happens to survive, it's all about seniority seniority seniority!
smile.gif

Back