Hey all you ERJ pilots..think you can do better than this?

Re: Hey all you ERJ pilots..think you can do better than thi

For a moment there with the angle it looked like it was hovering.

Nice touchdown, minimal float.....Me thinks if it was that bad he wouldn't have done a flaps 45 landing.

That looks like half the days in the NE in the winter...Just the past 3 days in ewr it's been a gusty westerly 280deg-300deg gusting 30, landing rwy22...some go for the circle to 29.

In the touch down zone, on center line, likes pretty good to me.

pfft... i can do that anyday...

in a seminole :D

Great landing. A nice combination of skill and luck.

That was a regular occurrence in CLE when the winds were whipping at 50 - 60 knots off the Lake. Full-scale deflection of both ailerons and rudder. :panic:

Have done, will do, and continue to do.

What you have there is a great demonstration of proper crosswind technique in landing.

I've heard captains say a lot of my peers have no idea about this. I hope some are watching.

September 14th going into CMH.

80 degrees off the nose 18 gusting to 36

The winds that day were caused by the remnants of hurricane Ike. It tore roofs off of homes and we were the last plane to get in before closing down the airport for several hours. There were times when the airport was closed that the tower was seeing gusts of over 65 knots.

I nearly soiled myself but everything turned out fine.

Have done, will do, and continue to do.

What you have there is a great demonstration of proper crosswind technique in landing.

I've heard captains say a lot of my peers have no idea about this. I hope some are watching.

Had a captain once that had no idea about this.:banghead:

September 14th going into CMH.

80 degrees off the nose 18 gusting to 36

The winds that day were caused by the remnants of hurricane Ike.

Yikes, I remember that day, I actually thought about going flying until I stepped outside that afternoon. They closed down CVG too.

That was PHL the other day. Coming down the slope, my leg, we pop out and I can't see the runway. It was hidden behind the center pillar. I had to crane my head to see out my window or look through the CA window to see the runway. Wasn't the first, won't be the last....

Nice touchdown, minimal float.....Me thinks if it was that bad he wouldn't have done a flaps 45 landing.
:yeahthat:

That looks like half the days in the NE in the winter...Just the past 3 days in ewr it's been a gusty westerly 280deg-300deg gusting 30, landing rwy22...some go for the circle to 29.

It was fun in EWR on Tuesday, I think, just as all that crap was rolling through...we were parked near the Ball Park waiting for our wheels up to IAD watching everyone come in for like 2 hours...good times...saw lots of what was in that video.

What's the MAX crosswind component legally allowed, on those things?

The E145 has a max DEMONSTRATED x-wind of 30 knots. Legally, it is allowed to land in a 35, 100, or 542 knot x-wind.

Just another winter day in the NE. I used to call it riding the bull in EWR...good times.

Actually I've always thought the ERJ has very good rudder authority, especially in a crosswind. I've never even come close to running out of rudder. Maybe it's because of the long CG arm (see pencil jet).

I like approaches like that. The pax will always make a comment about "I didn't even see the runway!" - especially when they're watching on the camera we have looking out the front.

Makes me look like a hero...:laff::sarcasm:

I've flown into Leeds-Bradford quite a few times in the Challenger 300 and when the wind is blowing, you can earn your paycheck in sweaty uniforms and wrinkled epaulets. Add to the fact that the southern end of the runway is very rough, and feels as though it hasn't been maintained since WWII. :)

Back