Heritage Guest House

JT ATC

First, you MUST have a car to stay here. There are no academy shuttle services anywhere close to here. With that being said...

This is the place I stay at that I've posted about a few times. His studio apartments are $37/day (they are very large studios) and he also has one bedrooms that are $46/day (I think). They are also very large. All rooms are fully furnished with brand new furniture and come with a 32"-37" HD TV, cable, wireless internet, weekly (or as often as needed) maid service, and everything else you would need. Kitchen is fully furnished as well. Just bring your clothes and buy some food and you are set.

The landlords name is Dwyane. He is a great guy and extremely helpful. He will not charge you a dime until you get your voucher money. He does NOT take credit cards at this moment. But even if he eventually does start, you won't have to worry about it. Trust me. I can't post the reason on here. ;)

It is located at 17th and Broadway. It's downtown, approx. 13 blocks north of Bricktown. Very easy access to the highway and about 15-20 minutes from the Academy (depending on traffic).

The only downside is he doesn't have alot of rooms. He just bought the building next to the one I'm in and is going to start renovating is soon. He has already told me he prefers FAA students (I'm one of 2 he has had stay) because they are generally more easy going.

It's actually a very quiet area. The houses across the street are multi-million dollar historic homes.

If you are interested, call Dwayne at 405-413-6077. Tell him Jeff sent ya :)

polesto

After reading this, I called Dwayne yesterday and will be staying here when I start OKC next week, I dropped your name when he asked where I heard about it. Thanks for the tip, I'm actually excited about this place, which I couldn't say about the typical FAA-approved housing.

badbudda

I was considering Heritage Guest House too but then realized I'll be there in the winter months. Coming from Florida I really don't know what to expect as far as snow and ice. I'm thinking now I'll stick it out with the Apple Tree apartments. At least it is on the bus route.

LawnGnome

I added it here, there are maps, pricing, pictures, and extras...I didn't include the two pictures of the outside, because it looked like a fire escape against a brick building. The guy is real cool, real eager to get FAA only students. He is in the process of trying to be 100% FAA. We are trying to help him get on the academy bus route as well....we will see how that goes. Have a conference call with the FAA early next week to try and add a few on there...cross your fingers!

Heritage Guest House

JT ATC

I added it here, there are maps, pricing, pictures, and extras...I didn't include the two pictures of the outside, because it looked like a fire escape against a brick building. The guy is real cool, real eager to get FAA only students. He is in the process of trying to be 100% FAA. We are trying to help him get on the academy bus route as well....we will see how that goes. Have a conference call with the FAA early next week to try and add a few on there...cross your fingers!

Heritage Guest House
Thanks! He is a great guy. He tried getting on the housing list, but they said he had too few rooms. He just bought the building next to this one to try and solve that problem.

sasquatch

Re: Year round temps for OKC

Hey ya'll. Here's the average yearly temps for OKC curtesy weather.com
http://www.weather.com/outlook/trav.../graph/USOK0400?from=month_bottomnav_business
The coldest I've done is 26 in NYC last January. Or maybe it was the 20 degrees at night campin' out in the Sierra Nevada's of California. Will never forget the experience of having to strip down at 3 in the morning in an outhouse in the woods to put on my first set of thermals:D. But I'm a wussy South FLoridian too. I think I'll die if I have to drive through snow! I'm the idiot that would have tried to de-ice my windsheild by splashing scalding water on it.

JT ATC

Re: Year round temps for OKC

Hey ya'll. Here's the average yearly temps for OKC curtesy weather.com
http://www.weather.com/outlook/trav.../graph/USOK0400?from=month_bottomnav_business
The coldest I've done is 26 in NYC last January. Or maybe it was the 20 degrees at night campin' out in the Sierra Nevada's of California. Will never forget the experience of having to strip down at 3 in the morning in an outhouse in the woods to put on my first set of thermals:D. But I'm a wussy South FLoridian too. I think I'll die if I have to drive through snow! I'm the idiot that would have tried to de-ice my windsheild by splashing scalding water on it.

20's is the lowest temp you've been in? Last winter I went outside to smoke and it was -15 degrees without wind chill. That's just the most recent coldest temp for me

nathanw

Can you take some photos? The two on SM are hard to see and don't really show anything. I was looking at staying on Tinker but this so far looks better.

JT ATC

Can you take some photos? The two on SM are hard to see and don't really show anything. I was looking at staying on Tinker but this so far looks better.
I don't have a camera with me. I can ask Dwayne to take some more pics and I'll get them up asap.

LawnGnome

Dwayne is having a photographer come and shoot some photos of his place and those will be up on my listing as soon as he gets them to me. The ones I have are the only ones he had at the time, except there was one picture of the outside of the building, but all it really showed was a metal staircase against a brick wall so I chose not to include it...again, I should have those pictures up soon!