Here's one for you!

Vortmax

So, I was 1 week from the PV in OKC and had several things happen, including other job offers in my field of college studies, children having trips to the Emergency Room, and 2 of my 3 lead instructors quit on us. Long story short, I became overwhelmed and ended up quitting a week shy of PV. I was not thinking real clearly and made an emotional decision. I wouldn't expect anyone to understand and so I'm not asking for feedback on that issue. The issue is: Are any of you aware of someone quitting or something similar that was allowed back into training? Any advice would be appreciated. I was slated for ZLC.

I haven't heard of anything the way you are wanting. Someone quitting and then being reinserted into the same spot of training as when they quit does not have a precedent as far as I've heard. Especially not an OTS type.

But, as far as quitting, reapplying, getting rehired, and then back into training again...YES. Many times over. Myself included. I quit Oakland center (ZOA) because I absolutely hated it. Got a rehire offer for Las Vegas Tracon. I can think off the top of my head of at least 10 people that were coworkers of mine at ZOA that quit and all are either already rehired and at their new facility or in some stage of the (re)hiring process.

I'm sorry to say that if your hoping for something in the sense of going right back to OKC and being a week away from PV (or even any stage of OKC) would probably be a stretch. Of course, if it never happened then you would be the first. Go for it...and let us know the outcome.

Wow, that's pretty crappy that your leads quit on you like that. I can understand their wanting to leave, but they should have had the respect to wait until your class had graduated, rather than leaving you guys hanging.

At least you have the other job offers to fall back on. Godspeed in whatever you choose to do.

I haven't heard of anything the way you are wanting. Someone quitting and then being reinserted into the same spot of training as when they quit does not have a precedent as far as I've heard. Especially not an OTS type.

But, as far as quitting, reapplying, getting rehired, and then back into training again...YES. Many times over. Myself included. I quit Oakland center (ZOA) because I absolutely hated it. Got a rehire offer for Las Vegas Tracon. I can think off the top of my head of at least 10 people that were coworkers of mine at ZOA that quit and all are either already rehired and at their new facility or in some stage of the (re)hiring process.

I'm sorry to say that if your hoping for something in the sense of going right back to OKC and being a week away from PV (or even any stage of OKC) would probably be a stretch. Of course, if it never happened then you would be the first. Go for it...and let us know the outcome.

Really appreciate the responses! Couple of things-first, would I have to re-do ATC Basics in OKC or just go right into tower or center training? Tower would be best as I think it's 6 weeks, versus 12. Also, do I have to wait until there is another PUBNAT (OTS) job posting? That may be a long time.

you'll have to contact somebody in okc to answer those questions

Juliet; did you happen to know a guy by the name of greg? I forget his last name but he's a trainer at Oakland center, and flys a T-33.

Sorry to hear about the kids in the ER. That's never a good thing.
I'm sure you'll have to reapply via OTS apps and do basics again, it's the FAA! But...you don't know unless you try.
From what I hear there is already 60+ trainees, sitting on their ass, at ZLC with more to come...for a while. You set yourself back a couple years easy, that is if you reapply and get hired for the same position.
If you do reapply, my advice is shoot for a facilty that has few (impossible, I know) trainees. Do the necessary time than transfer up. You won't be far behind in training and you'll probably get paid more, quicker...
Good luck.

Gee, what was so bad about ZOA? I'm heading to ZLA and I was just curious as it's nearby. Do you know anything about ZLA?

Well that explains why we saw a ZLC guy scratched off the PV list. My class was wondering about that since 1 guy is going to ZLC.

While I can't believe you let your emotions get the best of you 1 week from leaving here ( I don't give a crap what my leads do, it's their career, not mine), you already said that's not the issue, so I will let it be.

I know of quite a few people that quit and got rehired. It's very possible. Since you can't apply CTI or VRA, I'm guessing you will have to go through basics again if you do get hired. Just logical reasoning, nothing more.

Sorry to hear about the kids in the ER. That's never a good thing.
I'm sure you'll have to reapply via OTS apps and do basics again, it's the FAA! But...you don't know unless you try.
From what I hear there is already 60+ trainees, sitting on their ass, at ZLC with more to come...for a while. You set yourself back a couple years easy, that is if you reapply and get hired for the same position.
If you do reapply, my advice is shoot for a facilty that has few (impossible, I know) trainees. Do the necessary time than transfer up. You won't be far behind in training and you'll probably get paid more, quicker...
Good luck.

My classmate was told there were only 2 trainees in front of him at ZLC my his facility manager last week. There aren't "trainees sitting on their ass" :confused:

Sorry to hear about this! Have you thought about talking with ZLC managers OR OKC people? You might find that you get an immediate rehire...weirder things have been known to happen. They might even be willing to let you start the Nov. 13 class.

Sorry to hear about the ER trip. I hope everything turned out ok! Send me an email if/when you get this!

My classmate was told there were only 2 trainees in front of him at ZLC my his facility manager last week. There aren't "trainees sitting on their ass" :confused:
I'm positive (rumors) a good amount are sitting there waiting for the green light to even start training. I've heard the trainees will soon equal half or more than the amount of current CPC's. And not every CPC/ OJTI wants to train for a extra taxable10%...is that how much a deal cost these days?!
I'm not sure how the training program is set up at ZLC but the TRACON trainees have close to a 6 month wait before classroom training begins on their first positions. We were told a few weeks wait was all when we first arrived. ( )( ):bandit:
So I guess if the ZLC trainees are studying (the same material, over & over) while they wait, they're not exactly sitting on their asses.
I'll see if I can't scrape up some more dirt on the issue.

Yo gimpfest. I check in every now then to read the post but it's the usual great for new hires pre-hire rundown in this forum, which is great stuff by the way. The pilot-controller forum is a good one. Besides that, I study my facility material, over & over.

Back