Help me...

Srincek7

Hello,

I'm searching in the web any reports or documents regarding a real example of incident due to flight plan and flight dispatcher error. I wanna make a research with a real example of how the job of flight dispatcher affect the real flight operations.

I do not want words about it but a real operative example, direct or indirect.

Thank you in advance.

Ever heard of AAL1420? The Dispatcher could have greatly played an influential part on the crew's decision to operate the flight. Likely could have saved 11 people's lives....

Ever heard of AAL1420? The Dispatcher could have greatly played an influential part on the crew's decision to operate the flight. Likely could have saved 11 people's lives....

Arming the spoilers, the auto-brakes, not continuing an approach, not exceeding a crosswind limit, and failing to manually deploy spoilers on ground roll could have also resulted in a different outcome. You certainly have to factor in weather, but unfortunately a lot of the tragedy of 1420 seems procedural.

And you wouldn't even be saying that right now had the Dispatcher said "this storm is closing in fast on the field, don't rush, I'm gonna delay it out". I mean I'm not entirely blaming him. But the buck could have stopped with him instead of making it seem to the Captain that he could make it "as long as there aren't any delays".

I have wondered why they didn't re-crew it. Any delay would've exceeded duty time limits of the original crew. Lots of mission fixation by everyone, and it cost the captain his life. This is the thing about accidents, joint authority means joint responsibility, but there's nothing a dispatcher could have done about arming the spoilers, or manually deploying them after they were down. That would have saved the plane (or so says the conclusive arm-chair quarterbacking from MIT that happened after this occured).

I've quietly heard a couple stories of dx errors and omissions come across, but I am not willing to post any of them publicly. All of us error, nobody is perfect. None of the issues I can come up with are one single OCC mistake that resulted in an aircract accident though.

Back