Helicopter "time" friendly companies

Rotor2Wing

Unapologetically American
I would like to start a thread of "fixed wing" companies that give full credit for helicopter time. My main interest is part 121 but any companies would be helpful to all of the rotorheads.

The only airlines that I have found that give full credit for helicopter time is Skywest and ExpressJet. And have yet to figure out why fixed wing companies look down on helicopter time!! I guess its jealousy :D

I got in a EC135 helicopter simulator today and managed to fly 2 ILS' pretty much dead-on so I figure time translates pretty well between the two... don't ask me to hover though.

Ok, so who values superawesomeextremelyrare airship time!!? Anybody? Anybody???????

Welp, good thing I already have a substantial amount of fixed wing time for my next job. :)

I would like to start a thread of "fixed wing" companies that give full credit for helicopter time. My main interest is part 121 but any companies would be helpful to all of the rotorheads.

The only airlines that I have found that give full credit for helicopter time is Skywest and ExpressJet. And have yet to figure out why fixed wing companies look down on helicopter time!! I guess its jealousy :D

It will be a very short thread, trust me. :mad:

With a few exceptions, most 121 operators will go one step short of pulling down their pants and literally taking a dump on your rotor time. That was my experience anyway.

Some FW 135s count helo time. Airnet took me with a whopping 300 hours of FW. If you go the 135 route first you can easily build enough hours to be competitive for a regional in a year.

Well the responses are kind of what I expected. It goes both ways. Most RW companies will not count any FW time unless they need a dual rated pilot. I think most regionals will be more accepting to the RW time in the future. ExpressJet's mins on their website state that they will give full credit for all RW time as long as you have 100hours of MEL FW time. But I have yet to find anyone hired at those mins.

Very succinctly, no.

I have seen f/w IMC and turbine time satisfy posted requirements, but not night (unaided) or PIC. Some positions are for 2000TT, but then specify "1500TT PIC R/W." That 500 hr difference sometimes can include f/w time. It just depends on the operator.

Ok, so who values superawesomeextremelyrare airship time!!? Anybody? Anybody???????

Welp, good thing I already have a substantial amount of fixed wing time for my next job. :)

Maybe a company that solely operates hot air balloons might be impressed. :D

I remember talking to a Flexjet pilot a few years ago who had just gotten out of the navy as a helo pilot. I'm not sure how much fixed wing time he had though.

Back