Headset adapter decision

Cory Trevor

Just wondering if anyone has experience with different headset adapters in jets. I decided to go with a DC Pro X for my next headset. Right now I’m on the CRJ with the 2 prongs but I’d like to use the headset for a while and who knows what the future holds. Is it better to do a 2 prong to airbus connector or vice versa? Is it even possible to do that?

Just wondering if anyone has experience with different headset adapters in jets. I decided to go with a DC Pro X for my next headset. Right now I’m on the CRJ with the 2 prongs but I’d like to use the headset for a while and who knows what the future holds. Is it better to do a 2 prong to airbus connector or vice versa? Is it even possible to do that?
It’s easy to do. I have the Bose A20 with two prongs and bought the conversion adapter for the Airbus type plugs. I got mine from EBay. Harmony sells the conversion also.

Believe all newer Airbus are regular two prong adapters.

Our 2017-2020 factory fresh models all had single plug. It's a design option. I believe the double plug version isn't standard so it costs more, but airlines with lots of Boeing/MD aircraft in their fleet would spend the money on it for commonality.

1. Does it need to be a consideration that the headset adapter (in addition to the headset) is TSO'd?

2. XLR is a common connector type used by sex devices to allow interchangeability of ... components. If that's a selling point for your headset choice.

2 Prong GA and XLR are the two most common connections in the airline fleets that I have seen. I have used an adaptor to go from two prong to XLR and had no issues in the E190 or Airbus.

The make adaptors to go from GA to XLR or XLR to GA.

UFLY MIKE has a list of most adaptors in use across a wide range of aircraft for just about any application
UFlyMike Aviation Headsets

Back