Hawaii Expirement a week away...

MusketeerMan

Good luck to the peeps that moved over there. A guy below me is moving his family over there...no thanks!

They're suppose to be announcing some codeshares, so hopefully it'll give it a better chance of lasting.

Kind of a funky routing they took to fly the planes over there, but they didn't want to add any extra tanks..

Attachments

• n868rw-12nov08.jpg
    n868rw-12nov08.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 174
  • gcmap.gif
    gcmap.gif
    5 KB · Views: 188
I'm still curious where Mokulele is getting the money to pay for your fee for departure fees and fuel (could BB be giving them a loan??). Good luck to you guys, I hope you lose less money in Hawaii than we did.

I'm still curious where Mokulele is getting the money to pay for your fee for departure fees and fuel (could BB be giving them a loan??). Good luck to you guys, I hope you lose less money in Hawaii than we did.

I wonder the same thing. How is it that a small podunk airline like "Mokulele", with no airplane having more seats than a greyhound bus, can enter into a codeshare with a company with more than what, 5 times their size in employees and with aircraft that could occupy more ramp space than 3 or 4 of their aircraft?

I'd love to get more info into this deal. Republic could just take over their whole company for a drop in the bucket. Somethings fishy....

RAH has a bunch of money invested in this and I know that a large chunk of it is a direct line of credit to Mokulele.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20081015/BREAKING03/81015067

Republic will invest $150 million in the venture and Mokulele will double its workforce to 400 from 200, airline executives said at a news conference. About half of the new hires are former Aloha Airlines employees.

Well, I guess what I said stands then: I hope you lose less money than we did! I think making a profit will be out of the question though.

Good luck to the peeps that moved over there. A guy below me is moving his family over there...no thanks!

They're suppose to be announcing some codeshares, so hopefully it'll give it a better chance of lasting.

Yep, just a continuation of GO! the JO operation that killed off Aloha, another bunch of good paying ALPA jobs down the drain.

Nice work, RAH.

Yep, just a continuation of GO! the JO operation that killed off Aloha, another bunch of good paying ALPA jobs down the drain.

Nice work, RAH.

Quick question Velo...GO!, which is Mesa has who representing them as their union? It seems to have slipped my mind...???

:bandit:

Well, I guess what I said stands then: I hope you lose less money than we did! I think making a profit will be out of the question though.

Who knows...time will tell. Expect Mokulele to be announcing codeshare agreements with some of the majors, which would definitely help them out. It's only 2 planes now and 2 additional planes come March or so.

I guess good luck, but who cares anymore. The FO's should have the best tent in the trailer parker after adjusting to the cost of living over there.

Nice work, RAH.

And exactly WHO is RAH putting out of business in Hawaii? JO helped kill Aloha, so where's the competition? Looks to me like RAH is just moving into a good business opportunity. And it looks like Molekeilulu, or whatever the hell that is, is able to create some job opportunities for some Aloha pilots.

I win. You = te LOSE

I wish they were the same thing. We had hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank before JO started this stupid Hawaii and China thing.
I know, I was there.;) I helped spend some of it retrofitting aircraft interiors, adding aux fuel tanks, painting the new livery, plus purchasing all the ground equipment, spare parts and shipping everything to Hawaii in cargo containers or cargo flights. China was after I left

Back