Guess I don't fly today,

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
I haven't flown much in the last pay period because of weather like this, here's a compare and contrast for Beluga, Alaska. I'm barely averaging 65hrs a month because of the goofy climate this winter, it sucks. There's no official weather reporting at PABG, but thankfully they put these handy weather cams in.

Attachments

• badwx.jpg
    badwx.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 171
  • goodwx.jpg
    goodwx.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 129
Those wx cams they have up in Alaska are the coolest wx reporting system that there is. With the variability of the weather up there, do the cameras come in handy, or are they more of just a cool toy?

Those wx cams they have up in Alaska are the coolest wx reporting system that there is. With the variability of the weather up there, do the cameras come in handy, or are they more of just a cool toy?

Definitely, there have been times where I've been leaving, got in the air and got about 5 minutes out of town when company calls up and says, "heyy, uhhhh, you might wanna come back," which is better than flying all the way over and all the way back and wasting gas without getting in, sides' the company pays us by the trip, usually whether or not we can make it in.

It's exactly the same for us down in the southeast... :( To think a couple hundred miles south, Seattle is getting perfect weather all the time. Weather in Alaska has been extra sucky this year. Seriously all summer it was like this.

Those weather cams are awesome. The FAA and UAA has installed a kiosk outside Flight Ops that brings up all the FAA weather cams, and weather information. It is really nice.

Oh, tomorrow is supposed to be b-e-a-utiful:bandit:

Those weather cams are awesome. The FAA and UAA has installed a kiosk outside Flight Ops that brings up all the FAA weather cams, and weather information. It is really nice.

Oh, tomorrow is supposed to be b-e-a-utiful:bandit:

I won't hold my breath, I think the weather is trying to figure out what would shaft me more, to not have extra time to study for finals, or to not get much in my paycheck.

I won't hold my breath, I think the weather is trying to figure out what would shaft me more, to not have extra time to study for finals, or to not get much in my paycheck.
Hahaha, I know what you mean. I just watched the weather and more clouds coming this way, and possible precip. It looks like I may not fly till next semester.:(

Now back to studying for finals.:crazy:

Back