Ground Radar down in ATL

SurferLucas

Southern Gentleman
Did anyone else get caught in ATL this morning when the ground radar went down and they started doing ground holds?

I've never experienced a 2 hour taxi, but this morning going from Ramp 1 to Runway 10 it took that plus alittle more...I could have driven to Macon faster (go ahead, make jokes about the little planes...haha)

Did anyone else get caught in ATL this morning when the ground radar went down and they started doing ground holds?

I've never experienced a 2 hour taxi, but this morning going from Ramp 1 to Runway 10 it took that plus alittle more...I could have driven to Macon faster (go ahead, make jokes about the little planes...haha)

:) Don't worry...be happy

I got stuck in DFW once when MEM center's radar went down. They had to re-route a LOT of planes south through ATL's sector, then up the east coast. Pretty much everyone was heading back to the gate for more fuel. Since we were going to MEM, we were stuck. Sat short of the runway for 3 hours with the "We're working something out for you MEM guys" and "We'll have something shortly" before we decided, F it, we're going back to the gate. Half way back to the gate, MEM center's radar was back up. But we would have still been holding short of the runway for another hour so they could get the people that had either diverted or were already holding in to MEM.

Never experienced a 2 hour taxi...man you are spoiled!! :)

Yeah.. it was a brutal day for anyone going through Atlanta yesterday. To add injury to insult, once the radar was repaired, the ceilings and vis dropped to 200 and 1/8sm for the rest of the day and night. It seemed like a horrible joke from above for one of the busiest travel days of the year.

15 hours of duty and 10 block hours later, I got to go home.

HAHAHA, thanks Cav, I'll admit I got pretty spoiled flying with Horizon...I can't remember a time that we ever had more than a 30 minute taxi (and that was in Vancouver, BC where they love to make you taxi around your butt to get to your elbow)...so being stuck at number 18 for departure yesterday was a new experience!

I felt really bad for the controllers, it was just a nasty day and everything that could go wrong was going wrong!

HAHAHA, thanks Cav, I'll admit I got pretty spoiled flying with Horizon...I can't remember a time that we ever had more than a 30 minute taxi (and that was in Vancouver, BC where they love to make you taxi around your butt to get to your elbow)...so being stuck at number 18 for departure yesterday was a new experience!

I felt really bad for the controllers, it was just a nasty day and everything that could go wrong was going wrong!

Yeah I saw you guys in line when we were taxiing in. As well as taxiing out.

Back