Greetingd from Mumbai!

staplegun

Greetings from Mumbai!

Deadheaded over last night and I'm flying the airplane out tonight as we re-start service.

Extensive pre-flight brief from corporate security. Staying at a new hotel. Armed guards at our hotel. 3 corporate security people on the ground here and they briefed us as well. They are keeping the crews informed and being pro-active - I'm impressed. Hopefully this will be a "wake-up call" for how we do business world-wide.

India is saying 3 months to re-open the Taj, our guys say 1 year.

I'm happy to be here, the best way to defeat these cowardly terrorists is to get our service back to normal ASAP.

Kevin

3 months might be more realistic over there. Over here, it's all the red tape and business practices (lowest bidder gets the deal) that tend to delay projects past claims. That might not be the case over there.

I'm happy to be here, the best way to defeat these cowardly terrorists is to get our service back to normal ASAP.

Exactly. Whenever we act like wussies, the terrorists love it.

The events certainly reminded me of why I don't like to be in a large group of drunken crewmembers meandering the streets from "crew hangout" to "crew hangout" overseas.

Deadheaded over last night and I'm flying the airplane out tonight as we re-start service.

Extensive pre-flight brief from corporate security. Staying at a new hotel. Armed guards at our hotel. 3 corporate security people on the ground here and they briefed us as well. They are keeping the crews informed and being pro-active - I'm impressed. Hopefully this will be a "wake-up call" for how we do business world-wide.

Were you able to get any sleep at the hotel?

Back