Great Lakes 1900 FO

BillErvin

Peddling as fast as I can
This is from US Pilot and the Great lakes Airlines Website, Don't know anything else.:D

POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft as directed by the Pilot-in-command and company approved procedures.

AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:

• The Second-in-Command (SIC), in addition to other duties, assists or relieves the Pilot-in-Command (PIC) in manipulation of the flight controls of an aircraft while underway: including taxiing, take-off and landing of such aircraft, and who is properly qualified and designated by the company to serve as and holds the airman certificate authorizing him to serve as such SIC.
  • Is responsible to the Pilot-in-Command and Chief Pilot, to assure that the flights he participates in are in compliance with the FAR’s and company operating procedures.
  • Acts as Second-in-Command of the aircraft and assumes the duties of the Pilot-in-Command should the PIC become incapacitated or unable to perform these duties.
  • Assists the PIC in conducting the flight safely and efficiently.
  • Is responsible to maintain current knowledge of those general subjects and aircraft-related information which will enhance his overall competence, ability and professionalism, and apply that knowledge to his job.
  • Assists the PIC and/or passenger service personnel as needed to ensure a prompt departure.
  • As delegated by the PIC, shall prepare the weight and balance forms for each flight.
  • As delegated by the PIC, shall conduct the preflight inspection.
  • Shall supervise fueling, ground power unit, baggage loading and appropriate servicing of aircraft.
  • Will ensure that his/her pilot certificates include at least a Commercial Pilot Certificate with the appropriate category and class ratings and an instrument rating and must meet the recent instrument experience requirements of Part 61.
BASES: DEN - STL All lines shall be awarded in accordance with pilot bids in seniority order.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education or Formal Training:

• 4 year degree preferred
Experience:

• 750 Hours Total Time
  • 50 Hours Multi Engine Time
  • Commercial Certificate
  • Current Class 1 Medical
  • Instrument and Multi Engine Current
  • Must be at least 21 years of age
Additional:
Recommendation from current staff pilot weighed heavily

Two months plus of unpaid training. $17K+- year if you make it thru. Resume on it's way!

Way to be positive. Some folks out there might just be happy that they have an opportunity. If I could have afforded it, I would have been there. It's good equipment, challenging flying, and a way to cut your teeth in this industry. There are worse ways to earn a living and everybody who works there understands that.

i would do this in heartbeat (not to many loans, single)

dont' quite have the time 600/70 but will have over 1000 by spring time with the job I have now.

i think it would be one hell of an experience!

I interviewed with them on friday and got the call monday that I've been accepted for a class date. I'm pretty happy to have a job in the industry considering what is happening to the economy.

im betting that based on the comments about inside considerations and the minimums...they're pretty stricked with those?

If you know someone there and can have your resume walked in I think that they'll wave those minimums. I didnt quite have 50 hours of multi and it wasnt an issue.

Have a friend working there. They understood the challenges of "initial entry" and they accepted those challenges.

It's a start; it's a good start.

Why do you have to be 21? At 18 I'm more mature than some friends in their late 20s.

Because they will expect you to upgrade within 2 years. There were guys that started there and went through upgrade in less than a year when I was tossing bags and working on my CFI. It's not a matter of maturity as much as it is a requirement for the regulation to get your ATP certificate.

Because they will expect you to upgrade within 2 years. There were guys that started there and went through upgrade in less than a year when I was tossing bags and working on my CFI. It's not a matter of maturity as much as it is a requirement for the regulation to get your ATP certificate.

Makes sense ;)

Allow me to present to you this FABULOUS OFFER! Send your documents to me. Include a certified check of $25 payable to me and I will make certain your stuff is walked in by the appropriate persons. You may do this as often as you wish, there is no limitation! Act now, seniority is everything!

Back