Grace Period after Academy to move?

mkeflyer

Is there a grace period, after you complete training, that gives you time to move to your assigned facility? If all goes well, my move will be a short 65 miles.

I think the FAA gives you one business day but it's up to your facility to give you a bit more time if need be. let some of the PUBNAT 1ers or '07 guys chime in and confirm that, but that seems to be right if I recall.

Is there a grace period, after you complete training, that gives you time to move to your assigned facility? If all goes well, my move will be a short 65 miles.

also, just curious, i noticed in your signature that you had a PEPC invite but applied on 5/30, do you mean 5/2?

Technically you have 1 day. Paid. My facility is giving us a week because it's a 2 day drive from OKC and then to move into an apartment will take a day or two. We finish Monday and start a week from Monday...in December. 1 other guy from our facility doesn't have to move...just drive back so he is starting the Friday after Xmas. We will get paid Tues (travel day plus per diem) Wed (Leave..poss Fed holiday) Thurs (Fed Holiday) Friday (Leave) so a full weeks pay.

Technically you have 1 day. Paid. My facility is giving us a week because it's a 2 day drive from OKC and then to move into an apartment will take a day or two. We finish Monday and start a week from Monday...in December. 1 other guy from our facility doesn't have to move...just drive back so he is starting the Friday after Xmas. We will get paid Tues (travel day plus per diem) Wed (Leave..poss Fed holiday) Thurs (Fed Holiday) Friday (Leave) so a full weeks pay.

not too shabby, aside from the long nights up studying, how's everything going so far?

Its great. I love it. Nights are actually easier than days. Wee all seem to adjust better to the night sked but this week we are the only class at night and 2 weeks age there were 3 classes so it's remains to be understood how they sked eneryone. We are learning so much and actually being here is such a trip sometimes. You will find that all the questions about how you got here dissappear once you get here and I love that too. No more who is more qualified than who and no more trying to figure out how the FAA works. I really don't miss all the BS opinions that everyone has because they are all opinions. Take the info from the FAA for face value and with a grain of salt. Support each other and worry about you. That's the best advise I can give you. Once you get here non of this will matter anymore. It will be all about how well you are retaining the information they are constantly throwing at you and when will you get a minute to give your brain a mental break. It's awesome!!!

It is fun to get on here and see how much people get worked up. It makes me laugh. Everyone seems so silly.

Probably because we are all going crazy with this waiting... :crazy:

Once we have something other than JC to occupy our minds, most of us will be back to normal... which for some is still a little :crazy:

Haha. Congrats on being in OKC Lalexf, we are all rooting for you!!!

Probably because we are all going crazy with this waiting... :crazy:

Once we have something other than JC to occupy our minds, most of us will be back to normal... which for some is still a little :crazy:

Haha. Congrats on being in OKC Lalexf, we are all rooting for you!!!

I know. I've been there. 14 months for me to get a class date. It's a long process but well worth it in the end. Hang in there and enjoy the silliness!!!:laff:

Good things come to those that wait and that which does not kill us makes us stronger....sad but true!!!;)

I really hope the manager at MSN is nice like that. The controllers are really cool on the freq so I hope it is the same all around. I'll be driving from Milwaukee to OKC and back and would really not like have to drive 13hrs straight back home. Also I'll have to move to Madison which is 65 miles west of MKE. Guess I'll get a hold of them when I know if I'm going to OKC or not.

Something to consider when people wrap up training at OKC and have to report to your given facility; do not call your facility and ask them for more time to relocate there.

This affects your seniority at the facility. Other newbies may be reporting for work the same day as you, and you'd lose that seniority if you asked more time to move and report to work there. They base it on the very day that you step foot inside to work there.

Something to consider when people wrap up training at OKC and have to report to your given facility; do not call your facility and ask them for more time to relocate there.

This affects your seniority at the facility. Other newbies may be reporting for work the same day as you, and you'd lose that seniority if you asked more time to move and report to work there. They base it on the very day that you step foot inside to work there.

That would be the general rule of thumb but it is very hard to do that if you don't live within 1 day of OKC.

If you go to OKC prior to reporting to your facility, your seniority starts your first day there (in OKC).

=)

Actually, under the NATCA seniority rules, seniority starts your graduation date at the academy, because it is the first day NATCA can represent you. The NATCA rep at my facility had to go over all of this because myself and one other girl arrived at our facility on the same day at the same time, so he checked that, and since we were in the same class, we did a coin flip to see who got seniority.

Actually, under the NATCA seniority rules, seniority starts your graduation date at the academy, because it is the first day NATCA can represent you. The NATCA rep at my facility had to go over all of this because myself and one other girl arrived at our facility on the same day at the same time, so he checked that, and since we were in the same class, we did a coin flip to see who got seniority.

Ya'll shoulda settled it over a friendly game of strip poker.

Back