Gov't Paid type ratings

saxman

I've heard of some guys going to get type and got the government to pay for it. I'm being furloughed soon and wondering how one goes about doing that. I guess its considered continuing your education. I think I might try and do that after I'm furloughed and may try to get my ATP at the same time.

Contact your state unemployment office. They should direct you on the process.

Good luck!

It can be done but it's mostly a dead end or they only pay for a fraction of the price. There are so many factors to actually getting something like timing and your local gov budget. Either way, it takes a long time, months, you have to pretend like you need the gov help to find a job. You have to go through workshops with high school dropouts, guys out of prison looking for a job etc. It's not pretty. I gave up after the first info meeting at the unemployment office. Just not worth it, unless you enjoy manipulating the gov bureaucracy and the wonderful gov workers who are more than willing to help out a college graduated normal looking person looking for a gov handout.

I've heard of some guys going to get type and got the government to pay for it. I'm being furloughed soon and wondering how one goes about doing that. I guess its considered continuing your education. I think I might try and do that after I'm furloughed and may try to get my ATP at the same time.

The hell with a type rating. GO get a Masters! You should have a furlough coordinator or something at Comair and they can help ya. It really isnt that hard. As long as the company has no plans of recalling you within 6 months you should be alright. I know of about 5 guys at PSA who are all doing the same thing. We've only been on the street 3 months and they are about go get Types. HOwever you do in most states have to be on unemployement bennies as well. Or at least is TN.

Back