got comm written outta way...

skidz

now getting ready for a check ride. I'll be doing multi-commercial first and then single add on. Has anyone here done it in that order?

Nope, I'd did it the other way around, since Spokane doesn't have any multi airplane. It wasn't till after I got my CFI and moved to Tulsa that I got my license.

What did you use to study for it? Is it harder than the instrument? Just wondering, that's next on my list.

What did you use to study for it? Is it harder than the instrument? Just wondering, that's next on my list.

I found it easier than the instrument. I used ASA comm study guide, Jepps IR/comm book and the good ole FAR/AIM.

To the OP...I did my multi first. Good luck!!

now getting ready for a check ride. I'll be doing multi-commercial first and then single add on. Has anyone here done it in that order?

yeah I did my Multi First. either way you have to get it sometime. I liked it structured that way.

I used Gleim, it has all the questions in the book and a CD. You can simulate the actual testing environment (I used Lasergrade)
It felt harder to me because it's broader in scope than instrument, but then again instrument is hard in its own way because it's more detailed in a way. I'd say if you're more of a person remembering general information rather than in depth info about certain area of study that it might be easier. Anyway, Gleim contains ALL of the questions, so...more time you spend going over the questions, better score you gonna get :)
I pretty much just went over all the questions and took a practice test 3 or 4 times and when my score was around 90 I felt I was ready...and my actual score ended up being 88. It's not too hard, just take some time to get over it and you'll be fine. Good luck.

I used Gleim, it has all the questions in the book and a CD. You can simulate the actual testing environment (I used Lasergrade)
It felt harder to me because it's broader in scope than instrument, but then again instrument is hard in its own way because it's more detailed in a way. I'd say if you're more of a person remembering general information rather than in depth info about certain area of study that it might be easier. Anyway, Gleim contains ALL of the questions, so...more time you spend going over the questions, better score you gonna get :)
I pretty much just went over all the questions and took a practice test 3 or 4 times and when my score was around 90 I felt I was ready...and my actual score ended up being 88. It's not too hard, just take some time to get over it and you'll be fine. Good luck.

Congrats on the test! I used the ASA test prep book. I actually got an 88 on mine too ha. I'm hoping to take my checkride next month. Good luck with yours!

Back